Hair is a crown for everyone. Currently, we know 4 types of hair and classify them according to their texture into 4 types, namely straight hair for type 1, wavy hair for type 2, curly hair for type 3, and frizzy hair for type 4.
Now we will discuss type 2A hair, which is wavy hair like the letter S. This type has the characteristics of hair that is easier to organize and style. This hair type can be easily adjusted to make it straight or curly. The thickness is less than 10% and tends to look straight because the wavy parts only exist at a few points.
This 2A hair type may need special care because it tends to be dry and prone to frizz. We recommend that you be more careful when washing, conditioning, and styling. You should also limit the frequency of shampooing and use hair care products to keep it moisturized.
Washing 2A Hair Type
- Use shampoo and conditioner. Wavy hair tends to be drier, so choose a mild and mild shampoo, then use a conditioner to moisturize
- Limit the frequency of shampooing. Please do not wash your hair too often, as it will dry out your hair. Shampoo about twice a week.
- Wash hair with conditioner regularly. You can also treat your hair with just conditioner, without shampoo. The benefits can be moisturizing and nourishing.
Styling Type 2A Hair
- Use a diffuser when drying hair. Put the diffuser in the hairdryer before using it. This tool will reduce your hair’s heat exposure and allow you to style it while drying it.
- Tangle hair with fingers and a wide-tooth comb. The tight toothed comb is not suitable for curls. Combing hair like this regularly can make it tangled and split ends. If your hair is matted, untangle it with a wide-toothed comb or fingers.
- Use a low-temperature hair straightener. Curly hair is more prone to drying than regular hair. So, never straighten it at high temperatures. Excessive use of heat, such as in the straightening process, can cause your hair to become brittle.
- Use gels and creams to style and moisturize your hair. This product can be used to style curls while preventing them from drying out. Go to a local salon or department store, and buy a product that suits your needs.
- If your 2A hair feels very coarse, buy a silicone serum. Use this serum before combing or styling your hair.
- To maintain your hairstyle, there are several options that you can try. If you don’t want your hair to appear too stiff, use a lotion or gel labeled lightweight. However, if you want to make your hair more manageable, try a stronger product. Extra strong gels and creams can be used.
- Use a moderate amount of anti-shrink serum. The anti-frizz serum can make your hair appear smoother, and it can also help reduce frizziness after shampooing or tool drying. Just use a little. You only need a small amount to get its benefits. Make sure to distribute the serum throughout your hair.