360 video lessons
Lessons learned in the course of experimenting with 360 videos:
- always check the frame rates on your GoPros
- really, always double check or else you risk losing your project
- it sucks when you have to spin around in your chair to follow the action. What works is the 130 degrees from the original starting point
- there are two types of people when it comes to 360 videos: those whose minds are blown and those who want to puke. You can’t do much for those who want to puke.
- your video monopod is not as steady as you think. repeat, your video monopod is not as steady as you think. get some sand bags.
- it’s cool to produce, but how will you distribute? Is facebook/youtube enough, or should you start developing events to engage your community?
- your GoPros will overheat. I don’t know how to fix this.