Let’s Get Chocolate Wasted!
At Bikini Luxe there is only one thing we love more than bikinis, and that is chocolate! Whoever said eating chocolate is unhealthy for you clearly lied. You can satisfy those cravings, and still fit into that bikini you just bought for the summer, it’s all about moderation.
Cocoa is actually very beneficial to you, it’s all the added sugar in chocolate that loads on the pounds. It’s a natural anti-depressant, hence the saying “Chocolate makes everything better”. It also can help lower blood pressure, provides essential nutrients such as calcium, and it’s a natural antioxidant!
If eaten in moderation, you can have chocolate whenever you get the urge. To help you out, we found three simple recipes you can try at home to add some chocolate into your healthy lifestyle diet.
Chocolate Ice Cream
All you need is :
- 1 frozen banana peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp almond butter
Combine all ingredients into the food processor, blender, anything you have that can pulverize your veggies. Blend it all together, and you’re done! Switch it up by adding nuts, fresh fruit, and granola on top. Now you can have Chocolate Ice Cream for breakfast! Life is too short not to have chocolate when you want it.
Chocolate Chia Pudding
All you need is:
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Milk
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2–5 Tbsp any kind of sweetener you prefer (honey, Stevia, raw sugar, etc. it’s up to you)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- optional: 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
If you like tapioca you’ll love this! Combine all ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix until everything is blended together. Let it sit in the fridge overnight and you’re done! You can eat it as is, or you can put it in the blender if you prefer a smoother texture. For more deliciousness add some fresh berries, granola, and shaved dark chocolate on top. Now that’s good eating.
Gluten-Free Vegan German Chocolate Cake
Complete ingredients list:
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 4 cups maple syrup and/or agave nectar (these are pretty much interchangeable, but in each individual recipe I list whichever one I tend to prefer)
- 5 tablespoons vanilla
- 8 oz. dark chocolate, around 70% (check for milk fat in the ingredients)
- 3 cups unsweetened coconut flakes (the finer the better unless you want chewy frosting)
- 1–1/2 cup pecans
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder (or cornstarch)
- 2–1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1–3/4 cups brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1–1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
In honor of National German Chocolate Cake Day, why not share a fabulous chocolate cake recipe that is delicious and Paleo friendly. Yes, Paleo friendly! This recipe is for my serious foodies that love to bake and experiment in the kitchen. Follow for step by instructions to make this scrumptious chocolate cake.
For more recipes check the blog and discover more health tips www.bikiniluxe.com
Follow us on: