What Is Low Level Laser Therapy: Recognizing Its Benefits
What is LLLT ?
Low level laser therapy is a treatment procedure that makes use of certain specific wavelengths of light to interact and communicate with tissues, accelerating the healing process inside human body.
Applied by a special laser beam generator, the part of the body that requires healing is exposed to low intensity laser, consequently producing photon energy. Eventually, this energy gets transformed into bio-mechanical energy which allows the restoration of normal functioning of cells. This therapy has gained momentum due to its striking attributes like alleviation of pain, inflammation, and initiate healing process on the affected cells.
Just like photosynthesis works plants, LLLT also has a photo-chemical effects on the body. This mechanism of action occurs inside Mitochondria. The desired effect is dependent on the application of correct wavelength and density of light for a decent amount of time, somewhere between 30 to 60 seconds. The pulses generated can improve tissue repair and anti-inflammatory effects as well.
In addition, it is used on patients who suffer from a variety of health conditions and ailments to help them do away with pain, swelling, reduce spasms and increase functionality.
Benefits of LLLT
LLLT therapy increases the speed, quality, and tensile strength of tissue repair. Also, it is helpful in resolving inflammation and relieving pain of all kinds.
This therapy holds the power to annihilate body pain and inflammation of any kinds. Also, with the help of LLLT normal body functions can be restored barring the usage of detrimental pain killers.
This therapy is non-toxic, non-invasive, and improves the overall quality of life of a person. Here is a list of areas where low level laser therapy can be utilized successfully.
- Inflammatory chronic conditions, bursitis, tendonitis, myosistis, synovitis, fascitis and other inflammatory conditions of the tissues.
- This therapy assist in tissue repair, including ligament sprains and strains. Additionally, it is a permanent solution for treating burns, bed sores, wound repairs, injuries, lacerations, muscle tears and ulcers.
- If you are suffering from acute joint pain conditions like arthritis, rheumatic pain, pain in ankle, shoulder, hip and knee, sciatic pain or carpal tunnel syndrome, getting a low level laser therapy serves to be a one time solution.
- One can get rid of skin lesions like acne, diabetic ulcers and dermatological issues with a proper LLLT therapy procedure.
- This non-invasive, safe, gentle, and holistic approach is used to reduce the psycho-emotional and physiological stress caused by substance-specific sensitivities, functional imbalances, and nutritional deficiencies.
Author is an avid blogger. The article is on Low Level Laser Therapy