Why And How To Use Pain Relieving Therapy Patches To Vanish Several Pains
In today’s fast running world, body aches seem to occur commonly. Whereas, some people like to pop pain relieving tablets when they feel even a slight pain in their body, some others do not like to consume medicines every time they feel pain in their body. For the people who refrain from taking pain killing tablets, pain therapy patches can easily be used at home to alleviate their pain.
Pain therapy patches provide temporary relief not only in the case of body-ache but also in the case of pain from scrapes, cuts or skin irritation. These pain relieving patches can also be used to relieve different types of headaches. These pain relieving patches are a topical analgesic. They temporarily remove minor pains.
How To Use Pain Relieving Patches
You should use pain relieving patches as your doctor suggests you, and do not forget to check the label on the packet for exact dosing instructions.
· Apply pain relieving patches always on clean and dry skin. You should not apply these patches on damaged skin or wounds
· Open the pouch and remove the patch. Take the protective backing off carefully and then apply the sticky side on the area where you are feeling pain
· Do not forget to wash your hands after applying the patch
· Do not cover the patch with bandages, dressings or other things without the doctor’s instruction
· If you have missed to use your pain relieving patch on a regular basis, then the sooner you apply, the better it is.
· Do not double the dose hoping to receive instant relief
Before Using Pain Relieving Patches
There are some medical conditions which may interact with pain relieving patches. If you are going through any of the following conditions, do remember to tell your doctor or pharmacist.
· If you are intending to conceive or are pregnant or breastfeeding
· If you are on any prescribed or over-the-counter medication
· If you are taking herbal or dietary supplement
· If you are allergic to certain foods, medicines or other substances
· If you are in a poor health
· In the affected area, if you have any wound or cuts or your skin is reddened
Do Not Use If
· You have allergy to any substance present in the pain relieving patches
Important Tips For The Safety Measures
· The pain relieving patches are only for external use. Do not let them contact your eyes, mouth, lips, ears and genitals
· Make sure that you do not use more than the prescribed dose by your doctor
· Do not use heat sources such as electric blanket, heat lamps, heating pads, hot tubs, saunas and so on
· Consult your doctor if you are not getting any relief or if your symptoms are getting worse
· Before you use any medicine on your skin, you better consult your doctor
These pain relieving patches contain medicines in them which temporarily cure mild pains. They are a topical analgesic, and many people are heading towards their use that maybe because many people don’t like to pop pills for every mild pain they experience.