What is the best way to study for the IIT exams?
IIT-JEE is one of the toughest engineering exams to crack without joining any coaching institute for sure. Students have to devote months of preparation to crack this exam. Definitely, good guidance is needed to secure a decent score in JEE. However, there are a lot of students in this era who believe in their own abilities and aptitude.
So, here are some tips and tricks that students must follow to crack IIT JEE exam:
First of all, you should be mentally prepared and keep a positive approach towards your goal. These days, the competition has become so high, you need to give a tremendous effort mentally and physically. You must raise your level of performance to be able to crack the exam.
Proper utilization of time:
You must follow a strict timetable to utilize your time in the best way. Solve more and more problems, discover more and more new tricks. You should make notes for the topics in which you are weak. This will help you to perform well in exam.
Interact with JEE experts:
Keep in touch with the students who have cleared JEE test so that you can get a better guidance. They will let you know about Do’s and Don’ts for JEE test.
Working with a competitive study group goes a very long way in the successful preparation of IIT-JEE. Group discussion with teachers and fellow students will recreate a cooperative environment to multiply your knowledge exponentially. Students can Quiz and challenge each other with questions from the IIT-JEE syllabus.
Relevant study material:
You should know the entire syllabus that will be covered in the exam; so that you can collect study material for preparation. Reference to good guide books and previous years question papers for JEE will go a long way into your preparations.
Now lets discuss about study material-
Mechanics and Electrodynamics are the two most important topics but one should also devote time to Heat, Thermodynamics, Optics and Modern Physics.
Suggested Books for Physics-
- Concepts of Physics by HC Verma Vol-1 and Vol-2: These are best books for beginers
- Understanding Physics of ELECTRICITY & MAGNETISM by DC Pandey — the best book for ranker
- Understanding Physics for JEE Main & Advanced OPTICS & MODERN PHYSICS by DC Pandey
- Understanding Physics for JEE Main & Advanced WAVES & THERMODYNAMICS by DC Pandey
- Concepts of Modern Physics (SIE) by Arthur, Sobita Mahajan and S. Rai Choudhury — Must Have book for every under graduate
- Problems In General Physics by IE Irodov — buy this book if you want some challenge
- Physics Vol-1 and Vol-2 by Resnick Halliday — a great book for theory and non trivial problems
- New pattern Physics Book by DC Pandey — a great book for problems
Chemistry is one such subject which can assure you guaranteed marks in IIT JEE if you have prepared well. Most of the topics in chemistry are not very much twisted and get tested directly. It is very much advisable to solve past 20 years(Minimum) IIT JEE papers for chemistry. Most of the questions are repeated in an indirect manner. This is true for inorganic and organic chemistry than physical chemistry because in physical chemistry lot of concept testing is involved.
When you solve problems from past years IIT JEE papers of Chemistry, you would see a pattern in which questions / concepts are tested. In fact with a proper planning you can make chemistry as the most scoring subject out of all three in IIT JEE.
Important Topics for Chemistry-
- Qualitative Analysis
- Coordination Chemistry & Chemical Bonding in Inorganic Chemistry
- Electro chemistry
- Chemical Equilibrium in Physical Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry