2018: A Good Year for Blockchain Payments
“To process over a $1 Billion for a second year in a row despite Bitcoin’s large price drop shows that Bitcoin is being used to solve real pain points around the world.”
- Stephen Pair, Co-founder and CEO of BitPay
A lot happened in 2018. For cryptocurrency, you might have heard a lot of bad news. But in the world of blockchain payments, a lot of exciting things happened here at BitPay. Here’s a list of some of the highlights:
- We raised 40 million USD in our Series B funding round.
- We processed over 1 billion USD in payments
- We added new customers including Dish Network, HackerOne, and the state of Ohio.
- Our B2B Business more than doubled. Rolf Haag, a recent hire, explained why B2B payments are such an exciting opportunity.
- We also saw our payment error rate drop from over 8% to a record of less than 1%, on average. Our customer success team is continuing to ensure our users have and easy experience.
- We added integrations with major gift card brands for our BitPay wallet.
- We added the stable coins from Circle, Gemini, and Paxos as settlement options for our merchants. You can read the reasons why we did.
- Our team grew 78%, adding talented individuals to development, product, marketing, sales, support, compliance, and people operations.
“The adoption of support for Payment Protocol wallets has made a big difference for our merchants. Merchants are now able to easily accept Bitcoin payments in a simple easy way without any support issues. This was our biggest request by our enterprise merchants.”
- Sean Rolland, Head of Product
Originally published at blog.bitpay.com on January 21, 2019.