Bitrise: August highlights
The last days of summer have just been over for us ☀️, but this was a busy month anyhow. See all the important things we did in August!
- Stack Deprecation: please switch from Xamarin Studio to Visual Studio for Mac!
- You can join the Beta Test of Firebase TestLab v0.9.0!
- We support Xcode 9’s new exportOptions! property! We have released the new Xcode Archive step version (2.2.0), which is able to auto detect the new exportOptions property, so the workaround we provided two weeks ago is no longer needed. 👻 However, you still have to set some things up! Check them out!
- Unity for the win, on Bitrise too! You can automate your games’ building, testing and deployment too!
- Droids On Roids — How to Connect Physical Devices to Bitrise.io
- 4 things to remember when upgrading a production Virtual Machine: There are a few things to bear in mind when upgrading a production Virtual Machine. (This might come handy for our users using the Bitrise CLI.)
- Build different release signed IPAs for your Xamarin.iOS project! Do you need multiple release builds using different code signing types? It is possible!
- One iOS app, multiple configurations: How many IPAs do you need? 🙂
- Slack away! Slack is one of the most used integrations on Bitrise 💪. There are a lot of ways to get tons of value out of it, read a couple of examples on our blog to give you an idea what you can achieve with it to speed up and facilitate your app development.
- Registering iOS devices: Do you need to register a new iOS device? Read what you have to do to deploy to a new device for the first time!
- Install missing Android SDK components step for React Native! We released a new major version for the “Install missing Android SDK components” step. The previous version had strong limitations and these limitations caused lots of issues, especially for React Native projects. Now they are gone! 🙌
- Set your build version on Bitrise automatically! Track your app versions more easily and save yourself some headaches 🙂
That is all for August, but