A Two-timer? Nah, PRISM’s a Multi-timer!
No worries. It’s not a love affair.
In a previous post, I once introduced PRISM’s one of the most unparalleled advantages in live-streaming, the multi-cast. So today we’re going to talk about it again, only a little deeper this time, why it’s good, or how it actually works, etc.
Multi-cast. What’s so good about it?
PRISM’s multi-cast, aka simulcast, is currently supporting three major live platforms, YouTube, Facebook, and Twitch, as well as Periscope, V LIVE, AfreecaTV, and Naver TV.
The answer to the question above, “What’s so good about the simulcast?” is the following: you can attract more people from many different platforms than in a single one. You know, “Many drops make a shower”, so to say.
HOW TO SIMULCAST ON PRISM
There are roughly two ways to simulcast on PRISM: linking user accounts and with RTMP URL. Let me break this down one at a time for you again.
Choose a Platform and Add RTMP URL.
1. How to Connect YouTube on PRISM.
1. Go to [https://www.youtube.com/live_dashboard] to find your YouTube Stream Key.
2. Sign in to YouTube.
3. Click “LIVE STREAMING”, scroll down to “ENCODER SETUP” and copy your YouTube Stream Key.
4. Paste the YouTube Stream Key into “YouTube Custom RTMP” on PRISM.
2. How to Connect Facebook on PRISM.
1. Go to [https://www.facebook.com/] to find your Facebook Stream Key.
2. Sign in to Facebook.
3. Click “Live Video”.
4. Click “Connect” to get the Facebook Stream Key for your device, and copy the code.
5. Paste the Facebook Stream Key into PRISM’s Stream Key Required section.
3. How to Connect Twitch on PRISM.
1. Go to [https://www.twitch.tv/dashboard/settings] to find your Twitch Stream Key.
2. Sign in to Twitch.
3. Go to “Settings” and click “Stream Key” to copy the code.
4. Paste the Twitch Stream Key into “Twitch Custom RTMP” on PRISM.
4. How to Connect AfreecaTV on PRISM
1. Go to [http://dashboard.afreecatv.com] to find your AfreecaTV Stream Name.
2. Sign in to AfreecaTV.
3. Copy your Stream Name in “Encoder Settings” on the bottom of the page.
4. Paste the Stream Name into PRISM’s Stream Key Required section.
5. How to Connect Periscope on PRISM.
1. Go to [https://www.pscp.tv/account/producer] to find your Periscope Stream Key.
2. Sign in to Periscope.
3. Copy your Stream Name / Key.
4. Paste it into “Periscope Custom RTMP” on PRISM.
6. How to Connect Naver TV on PRISM.
1. Go to [https://studio.tv.naver.com/live] to find your Naver TV Stream Key.
2. Sign in to Naver TV.
3. Click [LIVE > Get Started] and copy your Stream Key in “Stream Settings”.
4. Paste it into “Naver TV Custom RTMP” on PRISM.
7. How to Connect V LIVE on PRISM.
1. Sign in to V LIVE.
2. Go back to PRISM, and tap “+ Add Link” in [LIVE > Live Platforms].
3. Add V VLIVE.
Little apologies for not having example images of Naver TV and V LIVE. (Since I don’t run a channel in those.) But I made sure I’ve covered the other major ones for you.
Hope you all enjoyed, and wish you all have a great time multi-casting with an army of viewers on PRISM!
#PRISM #PRISMLive #PRISMLiveStudio
#LiveBroadcasting #LiveStreaming #Multistream #Simulcast