Blitz Esports is hiring a Front-end Engineer
Join a small and talented team of competitive gamers (who also happen to be engineers and designers) focused on creating next-gen products for millions of gamers playing League of Legends, Overwatch, CS:GO, and other esports.
About the Company
Backed by YCombinator, Greylock Partners, and Riot Games, Blitz Esports is a tech and media startup focused on bridging the gap between esports fandom and personal gameplay. In less than a year, we’ve built one of the premier media publications in esports, providing quality learning content and expert strategy analysis for gamers worldwide — and we’re just getting started.
Our next endeavor is an exciting new companion app that uses computer vision to help gamers make better decisions. We’re combining the best of expert-crafted tips and data-driven insights into one seamless companion experience.
To do this, we need to make sure we’re grabbing the right data, analyzing it intelligently, and reliably displaying it on an intuitive interface.
That’s where you come in.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop Blitz products in React, React Native, and Electron.
- Work with our designer to create intuitive and beautiful interfaces built for gamers.
- Architect smart and scalable code.
- Build alongside a team hailing from tech and esports companies including Box, EA Games, Machinima, and Houston Rockets.
This role will be in Berkeley, CA. Relocation offered.
What you should have:
- Strong attention to detail (the small stuff matters!) and design.
- Experience working with React.
- Experience optimizing performance and responsiveness in user facing apps.
- Strong proficiency working with REST APIs.
- Experience with UI/UX design.
Why it’s great to work at Blitz
- Competitive compensation package with health + vision + dental benefits. Lunch covered.
- You’ll help build products that reach millions of gamers and directly impact the bottom line.
- Blitz is an engineering and product-driven company at its core. The work is tough and demanding, but you’ll be alongside some of the best in the industry. We put huge emphasis on personal growth and will help you get to your next career milestone.
- Get carried (Or carry us…?)
- Play video games on a 25 foot monitor wall.
- Go to esports events!
To apply: Send an email titled [Front-end Engineer] to firstname.lastname@example.org, please include
- Github/Past Project experiences
- Favorite video game