Blitz Esports is hiring a Software Engineer (Backend)
Join a small and talented team of competitive gamers (who also happen to be engineers and designers) focused on creating next-gen products for millions of gamers playing League of Legends, Overwatch, CS:GO, and other esports.
About the Company
Backed by YCombinator, Greylock Partners, and Riot Games, Blitz Esports is a tech and media startup focused on bridging the gap between esports fandom and personal gameplay. In less than a year, we’ve built one of the premier media publications in esports, providing quality learning content and expert strategy analysis for gamers worldwide — and we’re just getting started.
Our next endeavor is an exciting new companion app that uses computer vision to help gamers make better decisions. We’re combining the best of expert-crafted tips and data-driven insights into one seamless companion experience.
To do this, we need to make sure we’re grabbing the right data, analyzing it intelligently, and reliably displaying it on an intuitive interface.
That’s where you come in.
What you’ll be doing
- Working with a modern tech stack built on GCE with Elixir/Erlang, Python, Cassandra, + a hint of Redis and Elasticsearch (C++) where appropriate.
- Scaling our backend services to serve millions of gamers.
- Using computer vision to analyze gameplay images and video.
- DevOps with Google Cloud.
- Build alongside a team hailing from tech and esports companies including Box, EA Games, Machinima, and Houston Rockets.
This role will be in Berkeley, CA. Relocation offered.
What you should have:
- Experience working on and deploying systems in Python, Elixir/Erlang, or other similar languages.
- Experience working on and debugging live production systems.
- Basic familiarity with Unix-based systems, and how to set them up as web servers.
- Experience in C++/C.
- Experience with Win32/DirectX development.
- Experience with Apache Cassandra.
- DevOps experience with Google Cloud.
Why it’s great to work at Blitz
- Competitive compensation package with health + vision + dental benefits. Lunch covered.
- You’ll help build products that reach millions of gamers and directly impact the bottom line.
- Blitz is an engineering and product-driven company at its core. The work is tough and demanding, but you’ll be alongside some of the best in the industry. We put huge emphasis on personal growth and will help you get to your next career milestone.
- Get carried (Or carry us…?)
- Play video games on a 25 foot monitor wall.
- Go to esports events!
To apply: Send an email titled [Software Engineer] to email@example.com, please include
- Github/Past Project experiences
- Favorite video game