We believe that BLOC is what the community decides it to be and that decisions on how to grow the protocol should involve everyone.
As you know BLOC Proof Of Work Cryptonight Haven algorithm could be “Merge Mined” with Haven (XHV)which could be good for a moment. Increasing the BLOC hashrate up to 5 MH/sec with about 100 miners and more than 80% of them using merge mining.
Few members of the BLOC community asked to disable the merge mining, to mine BLOC only using the same Cryptonight Haven algorithm, allowing smaller miners to take a bigger part in the mining process and only involve the users who support the BLOC project.
Download from GitHub
- BLOC_suite_v22.214.171.124_linux.zip60.2 MB
- BLOC_suite_v126.96.36.199_macOS.zip5.57 MB
- Or from Download area on BLOC.MONEY website
This update is mandatory
Hardfork upgrading to v5 at block #317060 (Friday 23rd august 2019 around 5:00 PM Paris Time)
What happen if a pool do not update and keep using MergeMining ?
A new chain will be created and miners from this pool will be mining BLOC coins that can’t be spent on the main chain BLOC network.
- Merge Mining has been disabled in this release
- Hardfork upgrading to v5 at block #317060 (Friday around 5:00 pm Paris Time)
- This update is mandatory
Exchanges already contacted
Update will be done shortly and announced when released.
BLOC Mining Pools
- BLOC Mining Pool Already updated and ready for the fork
- HEROMINERS — Merge mining only. Not yet updated. (Contacted)
- Hash Vaultl — Merge mining only. Not yet updated. (Contacted)
- WEBXHV — Merge mining only. Not yet updated. (Contacted)
Official BLOC services already updated:
- ALL BLOC seed nodes updated. Atlantic, Pacific, Baltic, Europe, Asia.
- BLOC COOL Public Node
- BLOC Explorer
- BLOC Paper Wallet
- BLOC Telegram Wallet
- BLOC Telegram Explorer
- BLOC Web Miner
- BLOC iOS Wallet
What about create your own BLOC mining pool ?
- BLOC Official Pool
High performance Node.js (with native C addons) mining pool for BLOC coin. Comes with lightweight example front-end script which uses the pool’s AJAX API.
How to update your mining pool to support the fork at block #317060
You can do now: Replace BLOCd and BLOC-service with the new version v188.8.131.52
You have to do this when block 317060 is found:
- Update node-cryptonote-util with the latest branch mergemining-disabled
- Make sure to change at line 18 from your package.json file: “cryptonote-util”: “git://github.com/furiousteam/node-cryptonote-util.git#mergemining-disabled”
- Then remove the dependencies by deleting the node_modules directory with rm -r node_modules
- Run npm update to force updating/reinstalling of the dependencies.
- Restart your pool