About the event
The German Blockchain Award 2020 was designed by BLOCKROCKET to showcase the best blockchain-related early-stage startups in the financial, crypto, and industrial space in Germany.
On December 15, 20 early-stage blockchain startups competed in two different categories (10 startups for the “Idea Stage” + 10 startups for the “Seed Stage”) in front of 200+ leading executives, founders, and investors from the blockchain ecosystem in Germany.
In this article, we would like to honor the winners of the category “Idea Stage” (startups < 200,000 EUR funding in 2020). The event was divided into two different stages:
- A short elevator pitch of 60 seconds per startups (voted by the audience)
- A regular pitch (5min pitch + 5min Q&A) of the top 3 startups (voted by the jury)
1st place - B.A.M Ticketing
Georg Müller and B.A.M Ticketing - the company serves the live event industry with Ticketing as a Service based on blockchain technology. Sports events, concerts, music festivals, and other live events benefit from tamper-proof ticketing as well as the elimination of scalpers, bots, and black markets. We generate additional revenue for the organizers from secondary markets and at the same time we increase ticket availability and guarantee fair prices for the fans.
2nd place - Doxychain
Rafael Schultz and Doxychain - an instant document management system. Perfectly suited for legal departments at large enterprises, law firms and notaries. You can upload, archive, and sign legally binding contracts transparent and safe. They change the trust paradigm by using blockchain technology as the first tech company in that space. The solution fits into the b2b2c space, designed for corporates, SMEs and also individuals.
3rd place - ipOcean
Holger Geissler and ipOcean — a blockchain-based, proprietary internet network, which enables organizations to present and pass on knowledge, technologies, solutions, challenges, innovations, and any other type of intellectual property in a protected manner, in order to quickly come into contact and collaborate for business initiation, technology brokerage, matchmaking, etc. — and this without uploading the valuable information if needed. It combines the speed, connectivity, and power of an internet platform with proof of ownership, transfer & delivery of data, e-signed & negotiated agreements during interaction, and user identification in a verifiable and tamper-proof manner.
Startups (Idea Stage)
- Amazing Blocks - Tokenization and fully digital legal entities in Liechtenstein
- B.A.M Ticketing - Blockchain-based transaction network for event ticketing
- Crypto Captain - AI-powered signal service for crypto investors
- Dojo - Remote enterprise governance & incentives
- Doxychain - Documents digitization and management backed by blockchain
- Finery Tech - Non-custodial peer-to-peer trading platform
- ipOcean - Blockchain-based, B2B social network
- License.Rocks - Token-based license solution for digital products
- ownId — Digital identity management for businesses
- Photochain — New generation of photography marketplaces
- Alex von Frankenberg, Managing Director, High-Tech Gründerfonds
- Patrick Van de Mosselaer, Managing Director, Tioga Capita
- Olaf Hannemann, Co-Founder, CV VC
- Wolfgang Maennel, Managing Director, Tathros Innovation
- Benedikt Schulz, Investment Manager, tokentus investment AG
BLOCKROCKET is an early-stage investor and digital accelerator program for blockchain startups in Germany that offers an exclusive ecosystem to help startups, corporates, and investors to leverage the potential of blockchain technology. Want to find out more about our program? Then please visit our website or reach out directly to us: www.blockrocket.io