What is the “Secret Sauce” for those who eat, sleep, and breathe on Medium?
I have came across some very successful bloggers here on Medium. I often wonder what’s behind their success. They all usually say, “I eat, sleep, and breathe on Medium — some post rather infrequently, but with such passion put into their work.
My question is: “How do you do it?”
- Do you carry your computer around with you 24/7?
- Sit down to write a weeks worth of content all at one time?
- Do you take a vacation and come back like a writing guru?
- Do you plan a time to write each day or just do it throughout the day?
- What is that secret formulation you have to write so much, so often, yet with such impact?
- What is your daily ritual? If not now, at least where did you start?
- How do you handle burnout? — What is your motivation?
If I was to eat, sleep, and breathe, on Medium I would write about all of the 5000 things I need to get done on my to do list. Or, I would talk about the intricate details that go into creating a website, a brand, a business. I would tell people how marketing is evolving and what they need to focus their efforts on. I would talk about productivity and travel.
I have so much I would talk about! I just can’t ever seem to hit publish, or sit down to write consistently. When I do I think, “Oh this is crap” and start over. It must be the perfectionist in me.
Perfection is the enemy of done
Sometime I feel like I read and write so much I am paralyzed by fear. Maybe it is because there are crickets every time I hit publish. Maybe I just don’t publish enough. I can come up with 100 reasons why my work is not successful. The problem is I am not sure which one of those “problems” to focus on first.