How to create wallet on Metamask
To participate in the distribution of BLO tokens, you can send Ethers (ETH) to the address of the Token Sale smart contract. This process requires an ERC-20 and or ERC-223 compatible wallet.
We recommend using MyEtherWallet or MetaMask to buy BLO tokens. This document will explain the steps to create a wallet address on MetaMask.
So, let’s get started with MetaMask! As a precondition, you need to have Google Chrome browser installed on your computer.
1. Please follow the link and install MetaMask plugin to your Google Chrome browser.
2. Click on the “+ ADD TO CHROME” button to add the plugin to chrome.
3. Confirm by clicking Add extension.
4. A new tab will open and the MetaMask plugin is displayed at the right top of your Chrome browser.
5. Click “Accept” to agree with MetaMasks’ Privacy Notice.
7. We highly recommend to fill in a strong password to use MetaMask and click Create:
Please keep the password safe!
8. MetaMask will display a 12 word recovery key, also called “Seed Words”. Please make sure you save it in a secure place. These 12 words can be used to gain access to your wallet.
Once you have saved your 12 word recovery key, click on “I’VE COPIED IT SOMEWHERE SAFE” or “SAVE SEED WORDS AS FILE”.
Your wallet has been created and the MetaMask screen should looking like this.
To find your wallet address, click on the 3 dots on the right hand side and click “Copy Address to clipboard”, as shown below.
Open a blank word document or notepad file, and the paste whatever has been copied onto that page. You should expect to see something like below.
Sample Ethereum wallet address: 0x8D2846610baA1376C71A526C1DD706A5A5F60773
Now you need to fund your account, and should be
- Please be careful while you execute each of the steps mentioned above. In case, your Seed Words/Recovery key are lost, you will not be able to restore your wallet on a different computer, or if your current Metamask sessions gets logged out. Subsequently you will not be able to access any assets stored in it.
- You are the only one who has control over your assets. In case the Seed Words/Recovery key is lost, Blok will not be able to restore the access to your wallet under any circumstances. This is one of the inherent property of Ethereum blockchain, that no one, including the creators of the system, can gain control over your assets without having a private key from your wallet.
- If you have a Seed Words/Recovery key, you can use it to reset the password, but it does not work the other way.
- Beware of scams! Blok or anyone from Blok’s team will never ask you for your Seed Words/Recovery key, under any circumstances.
MetaMask is more than just an Ether wallet. It’s an Ethereum Browser, like Mist! It allows you all the same functions, features and ease of access from regular Ethereum Wallets. It also allows you to run Ethereum dApps right in your browser without running a full Ethereum node.
Congratulations! You have successfully created your own Ethereum wallet on MetaMask!
Now you can contribute to the Blok ICO, leading the gig economy revolution.
The Blok ICO begins April 10th
Our content is intended to be used and must be used for informational purposes only. It is very important to do your own analysis before making any investment based on your own personal circumstances. You should take independent financial advice from a professional in connection with, or independently research and verify, any information that you find on our Website and wish to rely upon, whether for the purpose of making an investment decision or otherwise.
Accordingly, we will not be liable, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, in respect of any damage, expense or other loss you may suffer arising out of such information or any reliance you may place upon such information. Any arrangements between you and any third party contacted via the Blok are at your sole risk.