From the moment you lay eyes on the 2017 BMW X5, you know you’re looking at quality. It’s the rare intersection of style, comfort and performance that makes this vehicle fun to drive and even more fun to drive home.
Let’s take a look at some of the exciting features of this luxury SUV:
- A bright and stunning cabin. You’ve come to expect serious luxury from BMW, and the 2017 X5 won’t disappoint. Opening the door you’ll recognize the look of a modern BMW. While the BMW of yesteryear may have been marked by a relatively stark and dark look, that’s just not the case with this model. The interior is both bright and clean. You’ve got options for two different interior themes as upgrades, as well. If you don’t want the standard poplar trim with black leatherette, you can switch out to Ivory White Nappa leather and poplar, or Mocha Nappa leather with a darker, more contrasting wood trim. On the xDrive50i model, you’ll get Dakota leather upholstery as standard, and you can choose to switch out for it on other models.
- A high-performing power plant. Underneath the hood of this vehicle, you’re going to get some seriously sweet performance. The standard engine for the 2017 BMW X5 is a more-than-competent turbocharged 3.0-liter inline-6. It’ll give you 300 hp and 300 lb-ft of torque. That’s more than enough power, in either the rear- or the all-wheel drive model. And, if you want some serious performance, you can upgrade to the top level with the 2017 X5 M. That model has a twin-turbo V-8 pushing out a whopping 567 horsepower and 553 pound-feet of torque.
- One of the best hybrid engines in its class. If a plug-in hybrid engine is more to your liking, the xDrive40e will certainly not disappoint. The truth is that SUV hybrids tend to be a little on the “meh” side, but that’s not the case with this one. The 2.0-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder combined with the vehicle’s batteries give it 308 hp, better than the base model. You can get 14 miles on just electric which, while it’s not the best for an electric vehicle, it’s plenty impressive for an SUV.
- Superior safety. The 2017 X5 gets top marks all around in safety. The federal agency gives it five stars for safety, and it’s earned “Good” ratings from the IIHS. Add in the optional safety equipment, and this vehicle is one of the safest on the road. It will help you stop when you need to, go when you want to and steer when it’s important. Not only that, you’ll get plenty of tools like 360-degree cameras and more, if you want it.
- Comfort is standard. The 2017 BMW X5 gives you an amazing ride experience. There are few places more comfortable than the driver’s seat, although the passenger seat will give it a good run for its money. You’ll get 14-way adjustable seats as standard, which is nothing to sniff at. You can upgrade to 20-way adjustable seats if you want, or choose deeper sport bucket seats. NO matter your body type, there’s a perfect configuration for you. Add in options cooling seat ventilators, and you’ll be just as comfortable rocking shorts as you will be slacks.
The 2017 X5 is one of those rare gems of a vehicle that just has to be experienced to be believed. If you’re considering a luxury SUV, you need to get to BMW of Freeport and try one of these out today. But, be warned: once you get behind the wheel, you may not want to drive anything else ever again.
Please check out our BMW of Freeport Blog for other helpful car tips and BMW news
BMW of Freeport Blog http://ift.tt/2h2HuUZ