Je Vous Dis, Merde! 9: Trump and The Logic of MINDFUCK
Once upon a time, in a faraway land, Mr Nemo published a book on the philosophy of logic.
One of the main theses of this book was that human thinkers are rationally capable of constructing any “alternative” or “deviant” logic whatsoever, provided that the logic obeys one simple principle, The Minimal Law of Non-Contradiction:
Not every statement is both true and false.
Violations of The Minimal Law of Non-Contradiction yield a logical phenomenon called Explosion, which is universal inconsistency, or logical nihilism.
In the nine days since the Inauguration of US President Donald Trump, it has become self-evident that he is operating with a highly deviant, highly devious political logic that is in fact in violation of The Minimal Law of Non-Contradiction.
For example, Trump said yesterday that his Ban on Refugees and Residents from Seven Muslim Countries is “not a Muslim Ban.”
I call Trump’s logic, The Logic of MINDFUCK.
The Logic of MINDFUCK has five basic principles.
1. The Principle of Alt-Facts: Using press interviews and Twitter, you can assert or deny (or assert and deny) any statement whatsoever.
These assertions or denials are called “alternative facts,” aka alt-facts.
According to the Princeton philosopher Harry Frankfurt, bullshit is speech that systematically manifests a blatant disregard for the truth, alongside a pretended concern for the truth.
So, basically everything Trump says or Tweets is bullshit.
Therefore, since he is arguably the most powerful, and that sense, “biggest,” man in the world, it follows that Trump is also the biggest bullshitter in the world.
The purpose of the The Principle of Alt-Facts is to fuck with the mind of anyone who cares about truth or minimal consistency and therefore disagrees with Trump — whom he then calls “FAKE MEDIA” or “creators of FAKE NEWS.”
2. The Principle of Dismantling Morally Good, Humanitarian Legislation: Using Presidential executive orders, you dismantle every bit of legislation created by “liberals” over the last 20 years that is morally good and humanitarian in intent.
The purpose of The Principle of Dismantling Good, Humanitarian Legislation is to harm people who can’t easily fight back, and also fuck with the minds of “liberals,” thereby infuriating them to vigorous public protest, at which point you arrest their leaders and call them “dangerous anarchists” or “traitors.”
3. The Principle of Banning or Putting Up Walls Around People With Darker Skin, a Different Language, or a Different Religion: Using press interviews and Twitter, you demonize people with darker skin, a different language, or a different religion who can’t easily fight back, then, using Presidential executive orders, you ban or put up walls around them.
The purpose of The Principle of Banning or Putting Up Walls Around People With Darker Skin, a Different Language, or a Different Religion is to harm people with darker skin, a different language, or a different religion who can’t easily fight back, and also fuck with the minds of “liberals,” thereby infuriating them to vigorous public protest, at which point you arrest their leaders and call them “dangerous anarchists” or “traitors.”
The purpose of The Principle of Culture-Wars is to fuck with the minds of “liberals,” thereby infuriating them to vigorous public protest, at which point you arrest their leaders and call them “dangerous anarchists” or “traitors,” and ALSO create a state of delicious Schadenfreude — intense, prurient joy experienced at the spectacle of others’ suffering — in “anti-liberals,” hence increase your political power over them.
5. The Principle of Escalation and Repetition: After each application of each of the above four principles, you escalate the political intensity and then repeat.
The purpose of The Principle of Escalation and Repetition is not only to fuck with the minds of people who care about truth and minimal consistency, not only to harm people, especially those with darker skin, a different language, or a different religion who can’t easily fight back, and also fuck with the minds of “liberals,” thereby infuriating them to vigorous public protest, at which point you arrest their leaders and call them “dangerous anarchists” and “traitors,” and ALSO also create a state of delicious Schadenfreude in “anti-liberals,” hence increase your political power over them, but above all to create an immense MINDFUCK diversion, while the Republican Party relentlessly rams through its legislative anti-liberal agenda in Congress.
Nevertheless, now that I’ve carefully spelled it out, Trump’s Logic of MINDFUCK isn’t going to fuck with or divert OUR minds any more, so we can vigorously say to him —
Je vous dis, merde!
“Je vous dis, merde!” (literally, “I say to you: shit!” or more loosely, “You’re so full of shit!”) is a morally and politically defiant slogan invented and first published by an early 20th-century Catalan anarchist who used the nom de guerre “Miguel Almereyda.” Almereyda, who was murdered in a French prison in 1917, was also the father of the famous French film director Jean Vigo, who immortalized the same slogan in his breakthrough 1933 film, Zéro de conduite, aka Zero for Conduct.
Here is the seven-part platform of The Wake The Fuck Up! Party , aka The WTFU Party —
1. Universal Respect for Human Dignity (URHD):
· Human dignity is the absolute non-denumerable moral value of every member of humanity, and everyone ought to try wholeheartedly to treat everyone else in a way that is sufficient to meet the demands of respect for human dignity, especially including (i) alleviating or ending human oppression, and (ii) actively engaging in mutual aid and mutual kindness.
2. Universal Basic Income (UBI):
· Anyone 21 years of age or over and living permanently in the USA, who has a personal yearly income of $50,000 USD or less, and who is capable of requesting their UBI, would receive $25,000 USD per year, with no strings attached.
3. A 15-Hour Workweek for Understaffed Non-Bullshit Jobs (FHW-for-UNBJs):
· Anyone 18 years of age or older who is living permanently in the USA, who has completed a high school education, and is mentally and physically capable of doing a job, would be offered an eco-job, paying a yearly wage of $25,000.00 USD, for fifteen hours of work (three 5-hour days) per week.
Thus anyone 21 years of age or older with a high-school degree and who is also mentally and physically capable of working, would have a guaranteed yearly income of at least $50,000 USD if they chose to do an eco-job.
The rationale behind the three-year gap between (i) being offered an eco-job at 18 and (ii) beginning to receive their UBI at 21, is that every young adult who has finished high school will have the option of pursuing three years of part-time or full-time free higher education without credentialing, i.e., for its own sake, after high school, before making longer-term decisions about what I call job-work and life-work.
4. Universal Free Higher Education Without Credentialing (HEWC):
· Everyone would be offered, beyond their high-school education, a free, three-year minimum, optional (but also open-ended beyond those three years, as a further option), part-time or full-time universal public education program in the so-called “liberal arts,” and also in some of the so-called “STEM” fields, including the humanities, the fine arts, the social sciences, mathematics, and the natural sciences.
· For many or even most people, their HEWC would fall between (i) the end of their high school education at age 18 and the corresponding availability of eco-jobs, and (ii) the beginning of their UBI at age 21.
· But HEWC would be open to anyone with a high school degree, no matter how old they are, provided they are mentally and physically capable of doing the program.
5. Universal Free Healthcare (UFH):
· Every human person living permanently in the USA will receive free lifelong healthcare.
6. 2-Phase Universal Open Borders (2P-UOB):
· Phase 1: Starting in 2021, there will be universal open borders with Canada and Mexico, and everyone who moves across those borders and then claims residence in the USA, will receive temporary or permanent residence in the USA and also full membership in the system of UBI, FHW-for-UNBJs/eco-jobs, and UFH in the USA, with the precise number of new temporary or permanent residents to depend on the current availability of (i) adequate funding for UBI, eco-jobs, and UFH , and (ii) adequate living accommodation, in the USA, provided that all new residents also fully respect the human dignity of everyone else in the USA and elsewhere in the world.
· Phase 2: Also starting in 2021, the USA, Canada, and Mexico will collectively form a Global Refugee Consortium (GRC), with three-way open borders to any political refugee, economic refugee, or asylum seeker from anywhere in the world (aka “global refugees”), who will receive temporary or permanent residence in the USA, Canada, or Mexico, and also full membership in the system of UBI, FHW-for-UNBJs/eco-jobs, and UFH in the three GRC countries, with the precise number of new temporary or permanent residents, and the precise distribution of new residents among the three members of the GRC, to depend on the current availability of (i) funding for UBI, eco-jobs, and UFH , and (ii) adequate living accommodation, in the three GRC countries, provided that all new residents also fully respect the human dignity of everyone else in the GRC and elsewhere in the world.
7. Universal No-Guns (UNG):
· No one in the USA, including police, internal security forces of all kinds, armies, and intelligence forces of all kinds, has the moral right to possess or use guns of any kind, for any purpose whatsoever, because the primary function of guns is coercion, and coercion is immoral.
· UNG would be implemented by repealing the Second Amendment to the US Constitution in 2021 and then universally banning the possession or use of guns thereafter.
I’m also assuming that Universal Public Education (UPE) — universal free access for all human persons of any age to good public education up to the end of high school — already exists in most countries, and needs no further justification.
Where UPE does not already exist, it would automatically become a necessary part of the seven-part WTFU Party package, thereby making it a eight-part package.
Mr Nemo, Nowhere, NA, 29 January 2017