Why cloud computing?
Before cloud computing if you want to host a website you will have to buy a stack of servers, keeping the peak traffic in mind and buy more servers if the traffic increased, you will have to monitoring continuously and maintaining the servers this setup without cloud computing has many dis-advantage. Firstly these kind of setups are very expensive also troubleshooting problems can be there, these problems my conflict with business goals and since the traffic varying, your servers will be idle most of time.
Cloud computing solves these problems, first of all setup problem has been solved totally in cloud computing you do not have to buy servers any more instead you can rent servers from cloud providers, renting servers is not monthly or yearly basis but in idly basis, also the sociability problems are solved as well, the server capacity will vary according to traffic. How cool it that! cloud providers also manages your servers all these headache took care by cloud providers, hence no worries about the underlying, now offer your focusing on business scope and expand your application
What is cloud computing?
It is the use of remote server on the internet to store, manage and process data rather then local server or on your machine
Cloud computing has two models which are Service model and deployment model, let me explain what these models
What is service model?
basically there are three kind of service model which are
1)Infrastructure as service
Infrastructure refers to getting a server on the cloud and choosing an operating system for that server and getting all things related to that server ip address, password etc, and having full access, control to the server and making it either database server or application server.
2) Platform as a service
When your using a platform as a service you don not have the control over the underlying architecture including operating system, storage, servers etc,
all what you get is a user interface. For example you want a host a website you rent a server from AWS. AWS will launch a server for you and they did not give you the Ip address, password and there is no access to you to that server. all you get is a button you can click on that button and deploy your website.
3)Software as a service
Using software as a service is different from both above services, there is no server, no user interface. what you get is a software. for example if you launch a server on cloud and installed windows in that server as we know windows is licensed. then means your using windows as software as service.
What is deployment model?
Deployment model is basically are three types
public cloud is basically when your sharing your server with different hosts, for example you launch a server on AWS your basically getting the server on AWS and you do not know weather that server is given to someone else because one server might have hundred of operating systems, if your using a Linux server and you do not specify that you need a stand alone server which is private server your server can be shared with many other customers.
Hybrid cloud is a mix between private and public server that’s mean if you have an application hosted in public and private cloud called Hybrid cloud, for example if you are in data science company and you want to host a website, hosting the website can be done by public cloud but at the same time there is a confidential data which not suppose to be exposed to the internet due of the company policies simply these data can be hosted by private cloud which is private for you no one else will be sharing with you, this kind of architecture called hybrid cloud.
Simply private cloud is when you have a stand alone server and only your operating system hosted on that server.
Now you aware why cloud computing exists?, what is it? and what cloud computing models are
The questions is now How do you get started? how to get you own server on cloud? to use cloud computing firstly you have to know about the providers of cloud then contact them
There are hundred of cloud computing out there you can find them in the below lists
- Amazon Web Services
- Microsoft Azure
- Google Cloud Platform
- IBM Cloud
- Red Hat
- Oracle Cloud
- Verizon Cloud
Most popular providers are AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform and IBM Cloud.
Brief description about the most popular providers
- AWS is the safest and protected platform of cloud service which offers a wide set of infrastructure services like database storage, computing power, networking.
- Using this AWS one can host the static websites.
- By using such services, users are able to build complicated applications that are trustworthy, scalable and flexible.
- One can have the hands-on experience of AWS for free.
- Microsoft Azure is used for deploying, designing and managing the applications through a worldwide network.
- Previously Microsoft Azure was known as Windows Azure.
- This Cloud computing service supports various operating systems, databases, tools, programming languages and frameworks.
- A free trial version of Microsoft Azure is available for 30 days.
- Google Cloud Platform uses resources such as computers, virtual machines, hard disks, etc. located at Google data centers.
- Google Cloud Platform is integrated storage used by developers and enterprises for live data.
- Apart from the free trial, this service is available at various flexible payment plans based on Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG).
- IBM Cloud offers Iaas, PaaS, and SaaS through all the available cloud delivery models.
- Using IBM Cloud one can have the freedom to select and unite your desired tools, data models and delivery models in designing/creating your next-generation services or applications.
- IBM Cloud is used to build pioneering way outs that can gain value for your businesses and industry.
- With IBM Bluemix Cloud platform one can incorporate highly performing cloud communications and services into your IT environment.
15 Top Cloud Computing Service Provider Companies
Earlier we used to store our data in hard drives on a computer. Cloud Computing services have replaced such hard drive…
AWS Certification | AWS Training | AWS Architect Certification - Edureka
This AWS Certification Training is curated by industry experts to gain expertise on Cloud Computing & AWS services like…
This article removed the concerns about cloud computing, why we need to cloud computing and what are the main models in cloud computing, explained the difference between public, hybrid and private cloud and finally listed the cloud providers hope you enjoy reading the article, if you have any question put it in comment section it will be my pleasure to replay.