Hip Joint Replacement Surgery— Know it from the best in Noida.
Hip joint replacement is one of the most common replacement surgery performed now a days. I commonly perform this hip joint replacement surgery in noida.
Hip joint is a complex structure, having a ball and socket like appearance. Once damaged, its really tricky to preserve the bone.
Why does the need arise for a hip joint replacement surgery?
- Damaged hip joint (accidental injury)
- Fall in the slippery bathroom is surprisingly the most common cause of damaged hip in elderly.
- Avascular necrosis — A condition in which, the blood supply of the hip joint is cut off thus making the bone dead and non-functional.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Osteoarthritis of hip joint
- Any condition that caused hip pain and is hampering the activity of the patient.
How the hip joint replacement surgery is performed?
Hip joint replacement surgery involves these main steps:
- Removal of damaged bone — The joint ends are reshaped by removing the damaged portion of the bone so that the artificial joint can get fitted easily.
- Fitting the Artificial joint implant — The artificial implants are then fitted inside the space created. The socket and the hip joint both are fitted with the metal alloy implant. A spacer is also applied between them to ensure free movement.
- Movement check — The smooth movement of the joint is then ensured so that the patient can have a faster and uneventful recovery.
The hip joint replacement surgery takes about 1 to 2 hours. The patient will be up and about in just 3 weeks.