Hey Andrey, thanks for the questions here are my answers:
- I live with some friends in an apartment in Knoxville.
- I had no other limitations that would prevent me from moving.
- SF is very competitive but it is also where there are a high number of opportunities. Seattle is similar. So I was considering both locations.
- See above.
- I had basically no money saved up. I sold a lot of things before leaving and later sold my car, and still ended up with a lot of debt. While I travelled west I did find some friends and family to stay with but I also spent maybe 4 months staying in Airbnbs which was very expensive.
- I don’t think there’s anyway to really know what a company’s interview process will be like, so no I applied to everything I thought was a good match.
- I limited my search to SF. By the time I started applying I knew I wanted to be here and let’s face it there are a ton of opportunities in the Bay Area.