July. Summer. Heat.
Projects in Bahrain, Kazakhstan, Lichtenstein, Switzerland and a lot of work on Universa Blockchain core. :)
Wrote an article in Forbes about the sanity of investing in blockchain in 2018
Фонд DST Global Юрия Мильнера инвестирует порядка $150–250 млн в проект мобильного банкинга Revolut, предлагающий…www.forbes.ru
And here is the program made by NTV
CryptoMobile Wallet // Planning Stage
Negotiating with prospective partner, a leader in the industry, to create a multi-currency mobile crypto wallet. Agreed to select all the components needed for the joint project launch in July-August. The partner has strong competencies in mobile applications, we have strong competencies in blockchain technology; we now need another partner with strong competencies in mobile banking to start.
It is good that this part of the world has a lot of sunlight and even a relatively warm sea — for the first time this year I was able to take a swim, without disrupting my negotiations with the partners. Given the rhythm of life and the public in Monaco, I didn’t have to leave the café to meet Tresor founder and representatives from several crypto funds. I persuaded them to monitor our success. I even told one to move from ____ (blockchain not named) to Universa MainNet.
1/07 San Remo
Brainstorming the future of smart contracts
In San Remo, the team and me had a brainstorm on the formats of our smart contracts to be applied to different areas. We also had a discussion on how we could motivate large clients to use public blockchain and improve the demand for tokens for private network clients.
The goal is obvious — any sale of Universa services creates demand for tokens for the network to handle transactions, regardless of whether the customer chooses public or private blockchain.
In Lichtenstein, we had negotiations with the National Bank of Lichtenstein on the possibilities of developing Universa in the country. We agreed to open a Universa office, discussed the procedure to obtain all licenses needed to establish a financial center supporting smart contracts and financial services based on Universa MainNet (see the 100-day report tomorrow for the results of these negotiations)
Short but important negotiations with a group of venture capital and institutional investors to develop project support ecosystem based on Universa Blockchain. Initial agreements include developing a crowd investment platform on the basis of ICOBacker.com, creating a project support foundation and global project accelerator. The target is to develop 10 fast-growing projects based on Universa Blockchain a year.
Negotiations with a group of Asian investors regarding the establishment of their own exchange and Liquidity Ocean to represent digital currency in Universa smart contracts.
Negotiations with a large private chain of gas stations to implement Universa-based loyalty platform. Agreed to run a pilot in September, when people are back from summer vacations.
8/07 Ekaterinburg // Innoprom
I was to attend a reception with the governor and meet some officials, but the plane was late. :) Well, that happens.
68 meetings, 13 interviews and 49 prospective clients — these are the results of our team’s work at the Innoprom.
Meetings/negotiations and working at the company stand. Successful negotiations with the management of SAP, Siemens (smart manufacturing), administration of Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug (Yugra) regarding YUGRA Smart Region project, representatives of Australian Chamber of Commerce, Leningrad Oblast development agency, Pipe Metallurgy company. Discussed distributed production managed by smart contracts, smart machines and smart passports with digital history.
Meeting with Gazprom Neft and KMAO leadership to discuss Bazhen project. The idea is to create a technology bank to move Bazhenov scavenger oil into commercial reserves and digitize the oilfields and processes for all participants.
Meetings with RosCosmos, VEB (Smart Factory), Kamaz, Moscow Export Center, administration of Tyumen Oblast, and administration of Sverdlovsk Oblast.
Meetings with Expo 2025 organizers https://exporussia2025.com, discussing the possibilities of tokenization and tracking the effects in sustainability tasks at the global level.
Meeting with the Mayor of Kaluga and the First Deputy Governor to discuss implementation of Smart City technologies in the region.
Meeting with Zyfra — discussion of a joint project for digitizing underutilized industrial capacity in Russia.
First outcomes of Innoprom published –
Первые публичные итоги Иннопрома —
Об этом накануне открытия выставки сообщил российский серийный предприниматель, венчурный инвестор Александр Бородичwww.news-asia.ru
Регион представил свой инвестиционный потенциал на промышленной выставке, ежегодно проходящей в Екатеринбурге. Округ…ugra-news.ru
Цифровые инновации в документообороте и в логистике станут самыми востребованными. Об этом накануне открытия выставки…russia-rating.ru
Руководитель отдела развития проектов Universa Максим Григорьев предложил сделать из Югры первый в России…www.nakanune.ru
- Innoprom 2018: digital innovation will be the most demanded in in document flow and logistics
- What investors Yugra invited to INNOPROM
- Innoprom 2018: digital innovation will be the most demanded in in document flow and logistics
- “Everything is for the people in Yugra”: founders of the blockchain platform presented their projects to the Okrug
Recognize this guy? :)
16/07 SAP Moscow
Universa took part in the opening of the first SAP Digital Leadership Center in Moscow — an innovation hub to demonstrate new technology solutions and joint development with customers and partners. SAP Digital Leadership Center in Moscow is the company’s biggest project after SAP Leonardo Center in New York.
Now you can touch blockchain with your hands.
In Kazakhstan, we conducted negotiations with the management of TechGarden and Asseco systems integrator. Agreed to work together in the region and to open Universa Kazakhstan (more detail in the 100-day report).
20/07 Decentralized organization
Universa Foundation is officially registered at last. Now we can proceed with reorganization and finish the formation of the proper legal structure (see the 100-day report for the proof and plans for the entity)
Had an intensive meeting for Universa Lithuania team with Anna Smith from the Unicorns team to create Universa training courses.
24/07 Kingdom of Bahrain — negotiations with Al Fardan Group
The negotiations with Al Fardan Group were highly important for our company. We talked about joint expansion in the Middle East, prospective synergies between the Group’s current businesses and Universa technologies.
25/07 Kingdom of Bahrain
Held negotiations with E-goverment / IT Authority of Bahrain regarding the opportunity to upgrade the government services in the country to blockchain.
After some heated negotiations, we agreed to proceed with pilot projects and to expand our presence in the region, proceeding with Middle East expansion from the Kingdom of Bahrain.
A flight attendant approached me during the flight back, told me that he recognized me, that he is our investor and that he believes the future of the world is directly related to Universa and similar technologies
Had a brainstorm with the business development team, to develop the rules for working with prospective customers, types of projects and customers sought at the current stage in the company development.
28/07 Alexander Borodich’ birthday
We presented a lecture on the future and blockchain for developers and start-uppers, and discussed the Core + Services development plan with the team for the next 100 days.
Separately on the development of technology itself and platform-based services :)
Issued UTN, distributed UTN, preparing the UTN<>UTNP swap
- JS client scripts introduced:
- Client smart contract JS API started
- 2 samples/tests added (see master)
- import/export now uses safe58 instead of base64
- — create-parcel, — register-parcel: separate commands to prepare payment and registration of the contract. — register now saves the parcel used.
- — unpack fixed: no longer checks the contract being unpacked, support for .uniparcel unpacking added
- — u-rate — u-for-utn buying U for UTN
- U/UTN wallets to simplify paid contract registration process. Automatic U top-up in the wallets using UTN https://kb.universa.io/uniclient_uutn_wallets/83
- Client 3.7.2 released, with fixes and additions listed above, created technical documentation for Java API.
- Yet another UDP optimization
- Faster, more stable
- Additional DDOS resistance
- Improved implementation of ledger node self-syncing (completed new resync procedure)
- Using BigDecimal and numeric conditions in references.
- Fixed wrong state bug to createOutputLockRecord: APPROVED
- First beta version with node owner’s smart contract
- Method to extract addresses from the abstract role
- Maven Repository for components: https://kb.universa.io/maven_repository/87 https://kb.universa.io/general_java_api/5
- Extended batch contract support: https://kb.universa.io/batch_contracts/86, https://kb.universa.io/easy_escrow/85
- Consent contracts: expanded support for “switch” contracts consenting the issue of other contracts
- Added new features for working with references.
- Prospective opportunity to resell transactions below the cost using new batch contracts
- The issuer role is now split from the creator role: registering root contracts requires both roles to be met
- References can now refer to any contract in the transaction. NEW, REVOKE and the main contract are considered APPROVED when checking references. Referenced transaction elements, as before, are being verified by the network for APPROVED status.
- Fixed an error in verifying reference operators <=, <, >=, >
- Changed SimpleRole operating mode from ANY_OF to ALL_OF
- Main contract signatures are now propagated to all contracts in a transaction. This way, it is sufficient to sign just the main contract.
- Fixed references in the roles. If a contract reference is mentioned in any role, it is not mandatory until the respective role is made mandatory.
- Optimized network connection speed
- UI updates:
- Implemented templates for main contract types
- Implemented contract validation and payment methods
- Implemented method to extract roles and public keys from the signature
- Started implementation of split-join methods
- Finished class refactoring, distributed public and internal functions
- Added a new type of contract — notarial — with the possibility of attaching and removing files
- WebWorkers JSON-RPC API. Created a fully functional storage for ContractChain (CC):
- Balancing queries between workers
- Inter-worker interaction
- The iteration targets for this component could not be reached due to vacations
- Fixed U/UTN order duplicationThird-party keys from transaction pack are no longer stored on the keychain
- Fixed U contract duplication
- Fixed loading of key pairs from the storage and merge keys
- Fixed owner address display in explorer
- Purchase order execution priority
- Automatic U purchase is switched off by default
- Fixed incorrect correspondent nicks appearing
- Compensated user’s local time error (when the time is set incorrectly at the local computer): contracts are generated with time correction using URS service
- Lots of fixes related to UTN disbursement
- Automatic U top-up using UTN https://kb.universa.io/web_client_u_balance/84
- Finished and launched UTN distribution module
- Sent 58,440 invitations to collect UTN
- More than 368,000,000 UTN disbursed. Some applications with failed KYC are awaiting resolution.
- Automatic disbursement module (also accepts new applications or applications with a change of status permitting disbursement)
- Support workstation
- Created administrative interface for loading and storing random contracts (ChainStore) in the private cloud; it is used, in particular, to load UTN coins for disbursement
- Universaexplorer.com can now show all the contracts stored in URS (particularly root contracts and coins from UTN disbursement, coins from U purchases, etc.).
- Completed and launched a module to sell U for UTN with a completely declarative and fully-functional escrow-like Universa smart contract.
- Launched a public service to buy U for UTN: https://kb.universa.io/uutn/78
- Implemented a working beta version of automated consolidation of Ethereum-based resources (ETH, ERC20 tokens, particularly UTNP). Launched into test operation.
- Fixed the bug with reporting Ethereum balance.
- Added support methods for u/utn purchases
- Fixed errors found with UTN servicing
- Added KB for roles (basic roles in a contract)
- Added transactional section in the KB
- Wrote substantial volumes of new documentation, articles and training materials
Teasers for tomorrow
Sincerely yours, Paranoid CEO, Alexander Borodich