+1 (812)-884–0132) how do i talk to a real person at bank of america.
Our Editor’s Notes on Bank of America’s Phone-Based Customer Care
Bank of America is an investment bank and financial services provider that operates internationally. It is the second-largest bank in the United States, which means that it gets a lot of calls to its customer service department every day.
Why Do People Call Bank of America Customer Support?
People call Bank of America for a range of reasons, including:
- Opening new accounts
- Updating or closing accounts
- Help with credit cards
- Loan servicing issues and questions
- Reporting identity theft and fraud
- Online banking technical support
- Setting up appointments with bankers
- Investment account management and questions
Best Practices for Calling Bank of America Customer Service
Bank of America has multiple divisions, each with its customer service department. The Bank of America website provides details on specific numbers for each division. TTY and TDD calling is available for those who are deaf or hard of hearing. In some cases, there may even be a dedicated line for Spanish speakers.
Be sure to check the hours of availability for the customer service department that you call. Some automated services are available 24/7, but live help from a human being is restricted to specific hours of the day.
Before calling, make sure you have your account number or numbers handy, as well as any correspondence from Bank of America. It’s also a good idea to have the ability to take notes during your call: Keep pen and paper handy or have some way to take notes on your mobile device or computer.
How Do People Feel About Their Calls to Bank of America Customer Support?
Because Bank of America has so many customers, it is not surprising that there are mixed reports about the efficacy of its customer service representatives. While some customers are happy with the service they’ve received, others have had different experiences.
Many areas of dissatisfaction tend to revolve around issues of identity theft and fraud. These experiences are understandably very distressing to victims, and many seem to feel that Bank of Representative agents are unresponsive and often lack the authority to expedite investigations, redeposit funds taken out of accounts, or replaced compromised credit or debit cards.
What Kind of Issues Can Bank of America Customer Support Resolve?
Bank of America customer service representatives can handle a range of issues over the phone, including questions about banking services, inquiries about charges and transactions, and checking on loans and other financial products. Calling Bank of America if you suspect fraud or identity theft is often the fastest and most effective way of regaining control of your credit cards or accounts.
What Can’t Be Resolved by Phone With Bank of America?
Some banking processes and services require you to either sign physical documents or to meet with a banker. In these cases, the best that a phone representative can do for you is to let you know the location of the nearest branch to your home or office and assist in scheduling an appointment.
In cases of lost, stolen, or compromised credit and debit cards, customers are generally required to wait for a replacement to come in the mail. In some instances, it may be possible to pick up a temporary-use ATM card at a local bank branch.
What Can I Do If I Am Unhappy With My Call to Bank of America?
Customer service phone calls don’t always go the way we want them to. If your call to Bank of America customer support did not resolve your concerns or answer your questions, you still have options.
- Call back. Not all customer service agents are the same. The next person you speak to may have more training or experience and will be able to resolve your case or get you a correct answer to your question.
- Get in touch via a different method. Bank of America operates Twitter and Facebook accounts and social media representatives are available to answer your private messages.
- Schedule a face-to-face appointment. There will be situations in which it is best to have a face-to-face meeting with a banker. You can schedule a meeting at a local branch online.
- If your situation is still not resolved. you can file a complaint online with Bank of America’s feedback form. This is not an option for people who have urgent issues, but it does ensure that your complaint will go to a Bank of America division that specializes in customer feedback.
- As a final option, take up your concern with the Consumer Financial Protection Board’s Ombudsman office. The CFPB is a federal agency that protects the interests of consumers. While this is not an option for a quick resolution, it is one way of ensuring that your concerns are seen and addressed.
Bank of America’s Best Toll-Free/800 Customer Phone Number
This is Bank of America’s best phone number, the real-time current wait on hold, and tools for skipping right through those phone lines to get right to a Bank of America agent. This phone number is Bank of America’s Best Phone Number because 420,030 customers like you used this contact information over the last 18 months and gave us feedback. Common problems addressed by the customer care unit that answers calls to (812)-884–0132) include Report Fraud, Card Declined, Account Access, Dispute a Charge, Missing Payment, and other customer service issues. The Bank of America call center that you call into has employees from Massachusetts, Arizona, Florida and is open Mon-Fri 7 am-10 pm, Sat-Sun 8 am-5 pm EST according to customers. In total, Bank of America has 16 phone numbers. It’s not always clear what is the best way to talk to Bank of America representatives, so we started compiling this information built from suggestions from the customer community. Please keep sharing your experiences so we can continue to improve this free resource.
Contacting Bank of America — by phone or otherwise
While (812)-884–0132) is Bank of America’s best toll-free number, there are 20 total ways to get in touch with them. The next best way to talk to their customer support team, according to other Bank of America customers, is by calling their (812)-884–0132) phone number for their Online Banking department. Besides calling, the next favorite option for customers looking for help is via (812)-884–0132) for Online Banking. If you think this information is inaccurate or know of other ways to contact Bank of America please let us know so we can share it with other customers.