This past week I’ve decided I need to pivot my original idea for issues to tackle. I say this due to the fact that the project seems very focused on accomplishing a specific task and the issue I originally cited is unrelated. Therefore I am going to fix one of the issues that is important to the project at the moment.
This would have to be one of the issues related to the key card. Unfortunately, this is rather hard to test and I believe another possible route for me to go is to fix an issue of medium severity.
The issue I found appears to be a good one. I hope to be able to fix it using git bisect. However, this is not a guarantee as it might have been changed for a reason.
I’ve left a comment saying I will work on this issue to let the maintainers know. Otherwise I believe it will be fixed soon as the project moves quickly.