5 Social Media Tips to Accelerate Your Business
Let’s jump right into it today with these 5 tips on using your social media to accelerate your business.
- One Profile Picture. I want you to pull up all of your social media accounts and look at your profile photo. Is it the same across all platforms? Yes? Good. Most people however, are going to answer no to that. If that is you, I want you to pick one photo and use it for your profile picture on all of your accounts. Keeping your photo consistent helps people recognize your accounts across multiple platforms and will make it easier for your followers to find you.
- Stop using your personal account for your business activities. Make a decision to either stop posting personal information, opinions, photos, etc.. or make a new account and brand it for your business. A lot of people don’t realize how much of an adverse effect their opinions on politics or religion can have on their customer. You could be losing potential customers because of this and that is only slowing you down.
- Post content daily. Whether you are running a business or managing your personal brand, this is key. Posting daily creates recognition among the your audience. Without consistency people will be unfamiliar with your brand because they aren’t exposed to it often enough. There are tools like Buffer and Hootsuite that can take care of daily posting for you if you’d like, all you have to do is schedule the content. Your engagement and brand recognition will sky rocket when you commit.
- Curate content. You don’t always have to create new content. Sometimes what people want, is just solid content with your perspective attached to it. Interpretations of content change with each person and when you share yours, you are adding value to the original information plus giving your listeners a new voice to connect with. Two birds, one stone.
- Connect to Your Competition. Find your competition and connect with them. Do this by searching hashtags on twitter and instagram or by finding groups where they may live in Facebook and LinkedIN. You can learn a lot by studying your competitions moves. (ProTip: Put their website in Similarweb.com and use that information to reverse engineer.) A lot of times competitors are actually just people like you and me that are willing to share their knowledge in exchange for the same.
I hope that you can take some of these tips and start implementing them today to make your business more successful. Please let me know in the comments if there is anything you would like to hear more of or if you have any questions for me. Thanks for reading.