Find Your Niche and Grow Your Brand
Finding a niche — defined as a distinct segment of the market you are in and become “known” for — is essential to business success. Too many entrepreneurs fail with offerings that are broad and undefined.
In this episode of the Go For Launch podcast, business coach Jason Treu talks about why niches are vital and how to identify yours as you evolve.
Jason is a top coach to executives, as well as a sought-after speaker and author. He’s a leading expert on social engineering, influence, persuasion, networking and leadership.
At the heart of his strategy is the understanding that people and your relationships are your true “wealth.”
Jason works with experts, entrepreneurs and executives to help them get known and stand out by building key skill sets and the right relationships, creating their brand platform and purpose, and improving their business results.
His bestselling book, Social Wealth, the how-to-guide on building personal and professional relationships, has sold more than 30,000 copies and hit #1 in four business and self-help categories.
He also is a frequent contributor to publications such as Brazen Careerist, Thought Catalogue, Under30 CEO, KillerStartups, and many others.
- How to start a business on the side (and build it quietly without taking a lot of risks)
- Steps Jason took early on to set himself up for success
- Why it is crucial to identify your niche (vs. going too wide with your offerings)
- Why being a “Jack of all trades” is a mistake
- Jason’s 10+ years of research into building relationships, confidence and charisma — and key lessons for entrepreneurs
- Why you need a mentor (and why you should pay for one)
- How to focus on what you do best
- Advice on staying curious and applying curiosity to your business growth (“Curiosity is one of the most underrated qualities out there today, and it will define your success,” Jason says)
- How to network with highly influential and affluent prospects (without being “salesy”)
Originally published at Go For Launch.