80 Best Ways to Get Traffic For Your Blog Website
In the Internet There may be in average over 2.73 million blog posts are published daily. Trying to win traffic to your posts a midst all that competition can seem daunting. However, there are many ways to get free blog traffic that consistently work to bring you new visitors.
Blog Promotion is a free form of marketing. This is the main way bloggers like to get traffic to their blogs — all it takes is your time but no money required.
According to blogging guru Neil Patel, you should promote 70% of the time, and create new content 30% of the time. That means you need many places to promote to.
Getting traffic to your blog is quite a hard method for everyone. Here am sharing 80 best ways to get free traffic for your blog.
- Ask your readers to share your articles in your “Call to Action” at the end of your post.
- Back links By linking to relevant articles, you get traffic to old posts. This is especially helpful for new readers who may not have read them yet.
- BizSugar lets you leave relevant links. Productivity and technology are two of the site’s threads. The site is also fun to use due to the sugar
- Blog Commenting is a great way to draw attention to yourself and your blog. I commented on Jon Morrow’s blog. Someone putting together an expert interview saw my comment and invited me to be on the panel since the interview was on the topic I commented on. In addition to making new connections, my social media presence is enhanced, and I have additional material for my “About” page. You never know where a comment will lead. Never pass up an opportunity to make an insightful comment on a post.
- Blogger Outreach involves contacting a blogger and offering your link or infographic. It could supplement their article. The link to your site, should they accept the offer, will boost your SEO rankings and make you more visible in search engines.
- Blog Shares are like linky parties. Instead of linking a post, you link your blog URL.
- Blogging Directories
- Buzzsumo will enable you to write about popular topics.
- Case Studies provide your reader concrete proof that your methods work.
- Clickable Headlines
- Click to Tweet Include a Click to Tweet in a welcome Email.
- Include a Click to Tweet in your blog post.
- Controversial Posts get mega traffic.
- Delicious is a social bookmarking site where users share and organize links for later reading.
- Email your post to people on your Email list.
- Email Signature: I sign my Emails with my name and blog URL. It’s easy to put in place under
- Expert Interviews
- Facebook Threads
- Facebook Page
- Follow to Follow Directories
- Forums: Many forums let you leave your link.
- Giveaways: Rafflecopter is often used for giveaways. People enter knowing their Email will be used to sign them up to receive the blog posts. It’s a great way to get new subscribers.
- Guest Posting
- HARO: stands for Help A Reporter Out. If you feel you’ve created content that a reporter would be interested in, send your post to HARO on Twitter @helpareporter.
- #Hashtags will enable people interested in your content to find you.
- Hootsuite: is a tool that is used for self-promotion.
- Host guest authors.When they share the article, and you will get new eyes on your blog.
- org is a forum that allows you to leave your links to your posts.
- Images: Articles with images get shared more often. Make sure to click “Set Featured Post,” so the graphic stays with the article when you share it on social media.
- Influencers: Mention influencer’s in your article, link to them, and they may share your article with their masses of followers. When you tag your post, include their name, so when people research them, they will find you. Topsy will help you find influencers to write about.
- Infographics: get the most social shares on Pinterest which will bring new eyes to your blog.
- Kingged: allows you to promote, has an active community, and reportedly can get millions of new visitors to your website.
- LinkedIn: allows you to post your articles and gives you a place to write new articles in hopes of attracting readers to your site.
- LinkedIn Forums: Some forums allow link dropping even if it’s only on occasion.
- Link Exchange: If you exchange links with a like-minded blogger, your posts will be seen by their audiences. (Note: If you are subscribed to this blog and would like to be added to the Link Exchange, make a request in the comment section.)
- Link Roundups: Try to get your most popular article included in a Best of the Week Link Roundup.
- Linky Parties
- List Posts: get shared more than any other type of blog post. This will result in new visitors to your blog.
- Mega Lists: beat your competition. Google your headline, and you will know how many tips you need, so search engine users pick your post.
- org allows you to submit your links.
- Meet and Greets are blog parties where you are allowed to leave a link to an article and tell the other guests about your blog.
- Medium: Using this content syndication site could draw attention to you and your blog.
- Optimize for SEO: so other bloggers can find you using Google’s Keyword Planner to get the best tags for your post.
- Optimize Your Images: by adding relevant keywords to the “Alt Tags.”
- Pinned Tweet: If you go to my Twitter profile, you will see a pinned tweet. It’s extremely easy to pin a tweet. Go to your Twitter profile and click the three dots under your tweet about your best article. Click “Pin to your profile page.”
- Pinterest Group Boards: According to Daniela Uslan Pinterest Group Boards are the most successful form of advertising for her along with Facebook sharing threads. (Note: If you are subscribed to MostlyBlogging and would like an invitation to pin to our group board, please ask for an invitation in the comments section.)
- Promote Other Bloggers in Your Articles, then ask them to share the article with their social media followers.
- Publish at Optimal Times Tweet schedulers and pin schedulers are programmed to help you publish at times your readers are more likely to be engaged.
- Publish list posts: Research says list posts will get shared more than any other type of content, which will bring new eyes to your blog.
- Publish longer posts. Research says you will be found in search engines more easily which will bring traffic to your blog.
- Publish More Often. This always results in a spike in traffic.
- Question and Answer Sessions: Q&A sessions are a great way to answer any questions that your followers may have as well as provide information to new readers that may have some interest in your brand but are not familiar with it.
- Quora: allows you to link drop if your article helps answer the question.
- Reblog or feature each other’s writing.This is easy if you have a blogging buddy. You will get your eyes on each other’s audiences.
- Reddit: allows you to leave your link in certain subreddits.
- Repost old articles on social media. New audiences haven’t seen them yet.
- Reproduce Your Best Content: Check your dashboard, Top Posts and Pages, All Timeto see what this is.
- ScoopIt While you can’t scoop your own articles, you can suggest that ScoopIt users scoop your article. My articles were scooped, and I really did receive sizable traffic.
- Social Share Buttons: Make sure they are enabled, so people can share your articles.
- Thank people who share your work. They will be more inclined to share again resulting in new eyes on your blog.
- Twitter Lists
- Twitter chats: help you reach a new audience using a special hashtag.
- YouTube: Many bloggers are using the power of YouTube to draw attention to their sites.
- Viral Buzz Content
- Link Connection
In conclusion, people don’t have to be frustrated by the lack of traffic to their blogs. This list offers 80 ideas for getting free blog traffic. The best part, you can use as many of them as you want until you see the traffic you desire. Also, these techniques can be implemented by all bloggers whether or not they self-host.
Readers, please share, so other bloggers know effective strategies for getting free blog traffic.
Did I miss any? Can you think of additional ways of getting free blog traffic? Which technique on the list do you find the most valuable? I look forward to your views.
3537 Total Views 7 Views Today
Originally published at www.fulltalktimefreesms.com on July 01, 2016.