Surprise & Delight: Be the Customer’s Advocate
Why We Make Customer Success The Center of Looker
When I think about Looker, I don’t think of just software. For us, Looker isn’t just a business intelligence tool, it’s a way for businesses to collaborate around data and ultimately make better decisions. It’s a way for companies to expose the most data to the most people in the fastest (and most reliable) way.
But beyond just data democratization, we truly believe in our mission of making our customer’s successful through insights of their own information. Because of this, we tie our success to our customer’s success, and the entire Looker experience revolves around this mentality — from the first demo meeting to the immaculate on-going live chat support a customer receives even after they have been a customer for years.
Our customer success and account management team is an integral part of this experience and why we’re actively hiring account managers for our Bay Area and New York locations.
Interested? Let me tell you how we think about customer success.
What is Looker Customer Success?
For Looker, our product is the whole experience. Think about your experience at your favorite hotel. You don’t just appreciate the room; you also value the decor, the smiling friendly face that welcomes you at the front desk, and seamless check-in experience through your iPhone. A great bed with terrible service is a call out on Twitter, a one-star Yelp rating, and a forever lost customer.
Why should a business intelligence company be any different? When a customer is looking to get more insight out of their data, she doesn’t differentiate between the software or the person she messages when she has a question. And neither do we!
We’re dedicated to making our customers successful, and it’s our customer success that has in turn helped us grow! What exactly is Looker customer success? Well…
- It’s investing in our customer’s future.
- It’s dedicating an analyst to assist you through every step of the Looker setup — pre-sales, implementation, and engagement.
- It’s listening. It’s understanding. It’s communicating. It’s a continuous feedback loop.
- It’s adamant devotion to making our customers voice heard throughout the company.
- It’s proudly representing our customers, and connecting them with others, to help drive their business forward.
- It’s customer-to-customer community, communication, and collaboration.
- It’s partnership. It’s camaraderie. It’s following through on what we say we will do.
- It’s meeting our customers face to face every chance we get.
- It’s organization across teams, continents, tools, languages, and time-zones.
- It’s feedback. All the time. From customers of all sizes.***
- It’s rewarding. It’s working with the fastest-growing, most innovative companies in the World
- It’s reflective. It’s constantly asking ourselves what we can be doing better, to make the business intelligence experience easier, more intuitive, and more impactful.
***Seriously. If you’re a Looker customer and you think we can be doing something better, let’s talk. Call me, text me, (1–925–348–3736), email me (firstname.lastname@example.org), tweet me (@brianlafaille)… I’d love to hear from you.
Do a Few Things Well
We know there are a lot of great opportunities out there right now. But I urge you to check out the careers page at Looker and especially our position for Account Manager in New York, or San Francisco. You’ll be hard pressed to find a better place to have a meaningful impact on the World and your career at the same time.
Come help us surprise. Come help us delight. Join us today and do the best work of your life.