The Five Habits of the Master Thinker
- Know when to challenge key assumptions — usually far more often than you think!
- Consider alternative explanations or hypotheses for all events — including the null hypothesis and the deception hypothesis when applicable.
- Look for inconsistent data that provides sufficient justification to quickly discard a candidate hypothesis.
- Focus on the key drivers that best explain what has occurred or what is about to happen.
- Anticipate the customers’ needs and understand the overarching context within which the analysis is being done.
Copyright 2013 Pherson Associates, LLC All Rights Reserved