50 Irish (and Irish-American) Characters to Use in Ads Instead of “Drunk Person.”
You people are unimaginative. So I did the work for you.
- Guy wearing a cap.
- Woman wearing a sweater cape.
- In fact, anyone with a solid sweater game.
- Protective dad.
5. Gamers (second only to Japan in numbers!)
6. Pro-choice activists.
Saoirse Ronan shares what she thinks about Ireland's abortion referendum
SAOR TO BE THERE The Lady Bird star, from Carlow, says she's set to take to a polling station to have her voice heard…
7. Pro-choice activists who call their pro-life mom once a week to check in.
8. Introverts who practice self love via The Irish Goodbye.
In Praise of the Irish Goodbye
There's no need to make a big deal about leaving every gathering you attend. Just leave-it's fine. Last week, the…
9. Cursing-Keeps-You-Young Guy.
10. Any older gent in the corner with a lot to say, really.
11. Girl who protests too much, i.e. “I just cleaned your new house to be nice!”
12. Breathy drag queen.
13. Person who gives side-eye when you order a cocktail at the bar, as opposed to a “real drink.”
14. Cartoonist who takes on hard subjects in adorable ways.
Cartoon Saloon | The Breadwinner animated feature film
Based on the best-selling children's novel by Deborah Ellis, The Breadwinner tells the story of 11 year old Parvana who…
15. Mom that always has homemade bread in the house.
16. Fans of puns, especially about bread.
17. People who’ve actually read that giant classic book you’ve been meaning to get to.
18. People who grew up eating Weetabix with nothing in it. It’s a wholesome breakfast biscuit, why muck it up with fruit?
19. Person who doesn’t eat for days in preparation for a food challenge. #dedicated
20. The mom who never gave up.
21. Priests who have no time for your sh*t.
22. Anyone too polite to correct anyone.
23. Tom Jones fans.
24. The dad that is RIGHT and won’t move no matter what.
The Field (film) - Wikipedia
The Field is a 1990 Irish drama film written and directed by Jim Sheridan and starring Richard Harris, John Hurt, Sean…
25. Government officials who love giving money to weird experimental films.
26. People who write oddly human-sounding social media copy.
27. Gossips. Every gender, no matter what county they’re from.
28. “I don’t care if I’m famous, I have to do a trad song or else I’m not a real musician” musician.
29. People who own one leather jacket and baby it forever.
30. Person who *actually* quit smoking like they said they would.
31. Men who wear thin-framed glasses (WHY does this trend persist?).
32. Men who aren’t afraid of wearing suits with plaid-style striping.
33. Irish dancers who are desperate to keep it alive at any cost (for good reason!).
34. People (mostly men) who bust out the native Celtic to impress people of the desired gender.
35. The most poker-faced pranksters ever.
36. Genuinely talented person who downplays everything they’ve done. “Oh, well thank you very much.”
37. LGBT rights fighters who make arguments based in logic.
38. People who go for walks to sort out problems.
39. Weirdly sexual grandmothers.
40. Anyone not the least uncomfortable with nuns living among them.
41. Hester Prynne IRL.
42. Radio host who sounds like he’s talking to you while smoking a pipe next to a roaring fire.
43. Eternal ice cream fans.
44. Woman who falls in love with a PTSD-ridden soldier.
45. Slightly pathetic entrepreneur.
46. Anyone of any gender with a booming laugh.
47. Guy who slips and falls on the evening news.
48. “You aren’t covering the snow right! Also: OMG SNOW.”
49. Anyone with a very strong opinion on the Cork vs. Dublin debate.
50. “FUCK YOUR RACIST SHIRTS” guy. (Ride on, Kevin Westley!)
Walmart's St. Patrick's Day t-shirts an insult to the Irish
Kevin Westley, the Irish American man who successfully lobbied his local Walmart to stop selling t-shirts labeling the…
Now can we do Saint Patrick’s Day ads right? Please?