My name is Bron Wickum, I am a journalism major at Eastern Washington University and I’m minoring in communications. I grew up in Portland, OR (Keep it Weird) and lived in a suburb called Vancouver just across the Columbia River. Huge sports fan. I played five different sports in high school, I was varsity in all but one of them. I am in school to be a journalist but my true passions are in the music industry. I make music and would rather do that for the rest of my life.
10 Interesting Facts:
- I am a rapper.
- I have four brothers all younger.
- I am the fourth Bron Anthony Wickum in my family.
- All of my brothers are half-brothers.
- My name originated from Lithuania.
- I have been published in two school news publications.
- My stepmother and her parents are from Fiji, as a child I would go to my grandparents house and experience Hindu traditions.
- I have owned every single Madden game at one point or another.
- I am a huge Boston fan, Red Sox, Patriots, and Celtics.
- I broke my ankle in March of 2016 and didn’t have surgery until August later that year. Worked a whole summer on it. Ouch!
Tell Me a Story
I am a musician and I listen to a lot of hip hop, in the fall of 2016, I moved to Spokane out of little Cheney. On one frosty yet sunny morning in December, my two roommates and I drove down to Royals Cannabis and Glass and waited in line for over 3 hours to meet a hip hop legend. The big Snoop D-O-Double-G was having a meet and greet stop on his way to the Tri-Cities. As each person moved closer to the door, eventually the line split into two lines, one for individual photos and one for group photos. We ended up taking a photo with a random old woman and none of us were prepared for the photo. After the photo I asked Snoop if I could shake his hand and he gave me a four-word answer that I will remember for the rest of my life. “Of course young blood,” as his hand appeared through his puffy, fur coat. The photo is framed and pulls our whole living room together.