Problem skin is usually called oily skin, prone to acne and scars. People who are not fortunate enough to have clean and clear skin needs to refine and seek out special means to care for it.
There are many different creams, lotions and other products that kill bacteria, dry acne and solve other skin issues. But almost all of them only eliminate the effects for sometimes not always. Therefore, to find a product that suits your skin, you have to spend a lot of time and money.
Nowadays, more and more manufacturers of cosmetics are returning to basics — to the ingredients that have been used for skin care since ancient times like oils, plant and essential. And, it turns out, oils are good not only for dry skin, but also for oily and prone to acne. Moreover, they solve problems from the inside — normalizing the work of the sebaceous glands by activating substances, disinfect the skin, and clean the pores. Of course, all oils are not suitable for problem skin. We will discuss different massage oils and how they help to cure skin problems:
Oils for Problem Skin
Coconut Massage oil
Coconut oil has a powerful antimicrobial property, so it is recommended to use to combat acne. In addition, coconut oil is not even the skin from inside, but normalizes hormonal balance in the body. That help to deal with acne because many people suffer from hormonal acne.
“But coconut oil needs to be used properly, otherwise, it can aggravate the problem. For example, if you rub oil into the skin in the morning without washing it, then the dirt particles that fall on the skin during the day will linger easier and the pores will become clogged, causing new inflammation.”
Use coconut oil in the evening, this will reduce the chances of dirt connection with skin. For start:
- Wash your face with warm water.
- When the pores are open, rub some coconut oil in your face for 5–10 minutes.
- Again wash your soap with mild cleansing soap and warm water.
It is highly recommended to heal acne and acne scars. Almond oil also restores the skin and prevents skin ageing by tightens pores and regulating sebum production. Massage from almond oil not only nourish and moisturize the skin well but in 2 weeks it will completely relieve you of acne. To do this, just clean your face twice a day by this method:
● Dampen your fingers in Almond oil and massage the face thoroughly, including problem areas.
● Take a clean cloth and soak in scalding hot water, squeeze and put on face for one minute. Your pores will open and the fabric will take on excess oil.
● Rinse the face with the sponge and then moisten the cloth in hot water again. But do not leave on the face simply wipe it by removing the remaining oil.
● Dry your face by using a paper towel.
● Moisten your fingers in Almond oil again and rub it into your face. Leave on for 30 seconds, then blot the excess with a paper napkin. Within 5–10 minutes, you will notice that all the almond oil is completely absorbed into the skin, and you can continue to apply makeup calmly.
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil comes from the Australian tree and has traditionally been used as a folk remedy by the Australian aborigines. There are about 300 varieties of Melaleuca Alternifolia (the Latin name for tea tree), but only one produces medicinal oil. Tea tree oil became popular in the 1920s, after Australian soldiers brought it to the UK. In 1922, the Royal Society of New South Wales reported that this oil was a particularly effective antiseptic.
Tea tree oil has been used to treat mouth ulcers, conjunctivitis, boils, acne, psoriasis, dandruff, vaginitis and thrush, purulent injuries, cuts and abrasions, carbuncles, purulent diseases and ringworm. Also, tea tree oil can relieve pain from burns and help get rid of lice and ticks.
The easiest way to use tea tree essential oil is to dot the acne with a cotton swab by dipping on the affected skin. It not only to eliminate the consequences but also to cure acne. So, add tea tree essential oil to the base oils for problem skin — 8–10 drops per 30 ml.
“You can also add these essential oils for problem skin: immortelle, lavender, thyme, pink geranium, grapefruit, sandalwood, mint, basil, German chamomile, cedar, rosewood, yarrow, oregano, rosemary.”
Things To Keep in Mind
1. Oil does not tolerate dirt! If you are going to fight with acne, scars and other problems on the skin with the help of oils, be sure that your skin should be well clean. Even if you use oil as a “wash” for make-up, do not be lazy at first to wash with warm water so that the pores open and you can clean with oil all the collected dirt, grease, exfoliated particles of the epidermis. And not just rub dirt into the pores even more.
2. Pick oils for your skin type, check for a start on a small area — whether it suits you, is it too heavy. Remember that the price of oil — reflects its quality, do not be stingy to buy expensive oils, in any case, the price will not exceed the price of conventional products for problematic skin.