Make it good.
I love food. I love great tasting food. I love comfort food. I love savory food. I will try any kind of food.
Making food is difficult. Making healthy food is harder.
I am not the best cook, but I try. I like to think I make a good attempt at making a well balanced meal. Matt Rebelo and I have made small changes to what we eat over the past couple of months. We don’t ever eat hamburger at home, we eat 85% lean groun turkey. We switched from pork bacon to turkey bacon. Matt and I both had a hard time with this bacon switch. I love cooking with bacon and bacon grease it makes everything taste so good. I am well known at work for making bacon cinnamon rolls (I will attach the recipe)! We also started eating whole grain bread or wheat bread instead of white bread. I think the hardest thing that we gave up was soda. Breakfast soda, lunch soda, snack soda, and late night soda. The biggest part of soda was the carbonation, so we switched to seltzer water! To list a couple of my favorites:
- Polar Champaign and strawberries
- Polar Peach or Georgia Peach
- Polar Clementine
- Polar raspberry lime
Drinking seltzer water was a great change. They make fun flavors and this helped me to start drinking regular water. I do occasionally treat my self to a soda with dinner or lunch. #treatyouself
Even though we have made small changes to the way we eat, I hope that down the dark, long, winding road these changes will help us to make other bigger changes in the way we eat.
Bacon Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- One pack of you favorite brand bacon
- One or two rolls of Pillsbury cinnamon rolls ( 5 count)
- Cook bacon about half way ( it will cook more in the oven)
- Unroll all of your cinnamon rolls on a cookie sheet
- After bacon has cooled place a strip of bacon at the center of the roll
- Then roll up the cinnamon roll and place in a backing pan.
- Follow direction on Pillsbury package for cooking directions.
- When done let cool and put icing on and enjoy!