A fascist is one whose lust for money or power is combined with such an intensity of intolerance toward those of other races, parties, classes, religions, cultures, regions or nations as to make him ruthless in his use of deceit or violence to attain his ends.
— Henry A. Wallace
- Stay away from the “walkaway” — more Russian efforts to disrupt elections. This article also helps visualize how these bot/fake accounts do their work.
Pro-Trump & Russian-Linked Twitter Accounts Are Posing As Ex-Democrats In New Astroturfed Movement
#WalkAway from this deceptive propaganda campaign
3. Pass this around.
A Psychologist Explains How to Battle America's Online Epidemic of Right-Wing 'Fake News' - And…
This is no time to take refuge in pious failure with our heads held high because when they went low we stayed high on…
4. We’re very weird.
The messy reality of Donald Trump's poll numbers
On June 25, Axios's Mike Allen and Jim VandeHei took readers inside Donald Trump's " winning, cynical plan." They…
5. Swap the kids out and put this “doctor” in the cage instead.
Doctor giving migrant kids psychotropic drugs lost certification years ago
The psychiatrist who has been prescribing powerful psychotropic medications to immigrant children at a federally funded…
6. The horror just keeps going deeper and deeper.
Kids as young as 1 in US court, awaiting reunion with family
PHOENIX (AP) - The 1-year-old boy in a green button-up shirt drank milk from a bottle, played with a small purple ball…
7. I’ve seen bits and pieces of all this over the last two years. Is it accurate? Who knows. But there’s a lot of troubling things here.
What If Trump Has Been a Russian Asset Since 1987?
On June 14, 2016, the Washington Post reported that Russian hackers had broken into the Democratic National Committee's…
A Psychologist Explains How to Battle America's Online Epidemic of Right-Wing 'Fake News' - And…
This is no time to take refuge in pious failure with our heads held high because when they went low we stayed high on…
9. Good. Tell the Nazis what you think.
'Viciousness': Trump aides endure public fury toward president's policies
Just after arriving in Washington to work for President Trump, Kellyanne Conway found herself in a downtown…
Then maybe don’t fucking harrass ONLINE! Straka of “walkaway” whines:
“I was shaking. I was hurt. I had this huge adrenaline rush. I felt embarrassed and I also felt nervous,” he explained. “At every station of the store, I’d given them my personal information. What if this kid decides to go into the computer and dox [to reveal his personal information] me? I am not a guy who has a lot of money. I can’t have people going to my apartment and harassing me.”
Founder of anti-Democrat Twitter movement pushed by Russian bots denied service at New York…
Conservative and Russian media outlets began amplifying Brandon Straka’s #WalkAway campaign after White House press…
What Trump Supporters See
Finally doing some research into the minds of the elusive Trump supporter.
11. MicromanagersRus. And sheesh, that was my thought from day one of Kelly’s hire: He’s not going to last. I’m surprised it’s been a year, actually.
Last July, when Kelly was appointed to the job, the retired Marine general was portrayed as a no-nonsense savior, who would “restore order” to Trump’s feuding, factionalized White House. But in recent months the question has become not whether Kelly could tame Trump but how soon Trump would get rid of Kelly.
Turnover among the White House staff, already record-setting in Trump’s first year, has spiked recently, now that no one is really in charge. Late last month, Martha Joynt Kumar, a scholar who has tracked White House staff during the past six Presidencies, reported that the Trump White House has an astonishing turnover rate of sixty-one per cent so far among its top-level advisers.
John Kelly, Scott Pruitt, and the Epic Turnover of the Trump Administration
Is John Kelly finally on his way out? Now that President Trump has accepted the resignation of his embattled E.P.A…
12. Nazism and Gestapo tactics. Memphis police #policestate retaliate against journalist by using ICE.
Journalist Held by ICE Speaks: 'Without a Doubt' I Was Targeted for My Work
What started out as a "just another day" in Memphis-based journalist Manuel Duran's life ended in his arrest by local…
13. Sobering read. I’m starting to think SCOTUS judges should have something like a 10 year tenure limit.
The Supreme Court vs. democracy
Tonight, at 9 pm Eastern, President Donald Trump will announce his pick to replace Justice Anthony Kennedy on the…
14. Erosion of anti-trust laws.
The Supreme Court just quietly gutted antitrust law
Outside contributors' opinions and analysis of the most important issues in politics, science, and culture. The…
Pregnant Women Said They Miscarried In Immigration Detention And Didn't Get The Care They Needed
Two weeks after arriving in the US seeking asylum, E, 23, found herself in a detention cell in San Luis, Arizona…
16. I actually do agree here. I want Mueller’s investigation to finish, for starters. And it’s critical we get as many D’s elected as possible on midterms. Looking at the numbers, I seriously doubt that Congress would change so much that an impeachment and indictment would be easy to do. There are more effective ways to stop and reverse this administration.
If T becomes sufficiently unhinged, I’d go based on the 25th amendment instead, frankly.
In any case, I think an interesting read whether or not you agree on impeachment.
Nancy Pelosi: Midterms Can't Be About Impeaching Trump, 'It's a Gift to the Republicans'
Nancy Pelosi recently gave a wide-ranging interview where she strongly suggested that Democrats not run midterm…
17. Yet Another Nazi for GOP
GOP-backed House candidate promoted white nationalist propaganda, including piece claiming Black…
Seth Grossman, a right-wing pundit who is now the GOP nominee in New Jersey's 2nd Congressional District, previously…
18. More on that San Bernadino “Ghetto” attorney…
Prosecutor who said on social media that Maxine Waters should be shot is placed on leave
A California prosecutor will be placed on administrative leave as his office investigates offensive comments made on…
19. Well all four possible nominees were all shit choices. I mean there’s not much to choose from among them. But interestingly, Kavanaugh is one of the ones McTurtle DIDN’T want Трамп to nominate (from last week: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/07/us/politics/trump-mcconnell-supreme-court.html). And yes, that Kavanaugh bleats about sitting presidents, worship, golden idols yaketyak tells you (well nothing new) about Трамп’s fear of Mueller. But honestly, civil lawsuits and indictments? This means criminal lawsuits are another matter, and Mueller ain’t checking out jaywalking charges.
Dem senator: Trump's Supreme Court pick shows he's 'terrified of Robert Mueller'
Sen. Jeff Merkley President Trump Donald John Trump Michelle Wolf in July Fourth salute: 'God bless abortions and God…
20. This should be interesting. Like I said back when T issued his “rescinding” of the separation policy, it was clear Трамп was trying to buck the limits on detaining families together (with children). A judge just said no to that.
Los Angeles-based U.S. District Court Judge Dolly Gee dismissed as “tortured” the Trump administrations legal argument to get out from under the so-called Flores consent decree agreed to back in 1997, dictating that children in immigration detention not be held more than 20 days.
Judge rejects Trump request to alter agreement on release of immigrant kids
A federal judge has turned down President Donald Trump's request to alter a decades-old legal settlement to allow…
21. I have varying opinions of Albright, but her perspective on history is a valuable — and informative — one.
With the benefit of hindsight, she accepts that the west was slow to understand that Russians felt utterly humiliated after the cold war and ready to succumb to a nationalist strongman promising to make them great again. She recalls a Russian man complaining: “We used to be a superpower and now we’re Bangladesh with missiles.” Putin, she tells me, “has seen himself as the redeemer of that man”.
Madeleine Albright: 'The things that are happening are genuinely, seriously bad'
Madeleine Albright has both made and lived a lot of history. When she talks about a resurgence of fascism, she says it…
22. It’s difficult to judge how to weigh these. At best, this is horrendous optics that come about because the pool of very rich and powerful is pretty small so they all know each other. At worst, this is unprecedented corruption that allowed a sitting SCOTUS to choose his successor through that same network of the rich and powerful. Either way, it is a blow against the bulwark of U.S. governance. (Note that the timeframe stretches back to 1998 and that the son has not worked at Deutsche for a while now): https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-12-22/deutsche-bank-s-reworking-a-big-trump-loan-as-inauguration-nears and http://www.businessinsider.com/anthony-kennedy-son-loaned-president-trump-over-a-billion-dollars-2018-6 ).
Salon lays it out pretty well:
Donald Trump, Anthony Kennedy and the "boy" at Deutsche Bank: Not just about the money
Balzac knew that behind every great fortune there is a crime. But if he was contemplating the retirement of Supreme…
23. We need more of the red states taking this seriously tho.
Analysis | The Cybersecurity 202: Here's an early look at how states are spending federal election…
Nearly four months have passed since Congress set aside $380 million for states to upgrade their election systems, and…
24. I didn’t see this one coming though I probably should have. Not the Bundys (maybe they are next?) but the Hammonds who set fire to federal lands. This is bad on so many levels.
A Day After Report, Violent White Supremacist Loses Job With Defense Contractor - ProPublica
Defense contractor Northrop Grumman said it will investigate an employee identified as a member of a violent white…
26. This is as yet unverified but if it is, it makes Tainted Justice Gorsuch look like a choirboy.
I’ve found this:
White House doesn't deny report Trump made secret deal with Kennedy over retirement, replacement
During an CNN interview on Tuesday morning, White House deputy press secretary Raj Shah did not deny an NBC report that…
27. You don’t say.
After Moscow Trip, Ron Johnson Says Election Meddling Overblown
One of the Republican senators back from a trip to Moscow is suggesting that Congress went too far in punishing Russia…
28. We really do need to dismantle ICE.
ICE Officers to Asylum Seekers: 'Don't You Know That We Hate You People?'
The Trump child-separation horror is far from over. According to the government's own , released late last week, as…
29. Useful toolkit in case you have any actually useful discussions with pro-lifers.
6 myths about Roe v. Wade, debunked
Outside contributors' opinions and analysis of the most important issues in politics, science, and culture. President…
30. Really worth reading through no matter what you think of immigration (I am completely pro immigration and yet did not realize some of the points contained here…US Immigration law is a complete and utter mess.)
ALL POSSIBLE RESPONSES TO "THEY SHOULD GET IN LINE AND DO IT THE RIGHT WAY, THE WAY MY FAMILY…
Your family probably came without a visa too
31. Another angle to work on:
Sampling of Kavanaugh's Vince Foster files released
A smattering of files from potential Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh's files during his time working for…
Also, net neutrality:
Trump's Supreme Court pick: ISPs have 1st Amendment right to block websites
President Trump's Supreme Court nominee argued last year that net neutrality rules violate the First Amendment rights…
32. Worth reading to understand the damage being done to voting rights.
How a Pivotal Voting Rights Act Case Broke America
Marshall never truly got the Court he wanted. But his vision did help pull the body into its modern role as an…
33. NC accomplishes this by mandating excess early voting hours such that small towns don’t have the budget for it (and put the mandate in after budgets) and have to rescind them altogether.
North Carolina Republicans Invented a Diabolical New Ploy to Suppress Black Voter Turnout
Since the 2013 Supreme Court decision overturning parts of the Voting Rights Act, North Carolina has been in the…
34. Keep in mind…
35. Your citizenship won’t protect you, especially if you’re not white, as long as ICE is unrestrained.
Officials admit they may have separated family - who might be US citizens - for up to a year
The Department of Justice told a federal judge Tuesday that it may have mistakenly separated a father and toddler who…
36. Non-binding, hm? Until it has some teeth in it…
Senate overwhelmingly rebukes Trump with tariff vote
For the second day in a row, the Senate pushed back on President Donald Trump, showing stiff resistance to his key…
37. Wait, what? What happened in 2017? No new job, nothing different for him but suddenly he repaid $60-$200K in debt? Excluding his residential property, he has $65K in assets.
In 2016, Kavanaugh reported having between $60,000 to $200,000 in debt accrued over three credit cards and a personal loan. Each credit card held between $15,000 to $50,000 in debt, and a Thrift Savings Plan loan was between $15,000 to $50,000.
The credit card debts and loan were either paid off or fell below the reporting requirements in 2017, according to the filings, which do not require details on the nature or source of such payments. Shah told The Post that Kavanaugh’s friends reimbursed him for their share of the baseball tickets and that the judge has since stopped purchasing the season tickets.
Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh piled up credit card debt by purchasing Nationals tickets…
Supreme Court nominee Brett M. Kavanaugh incurred tens of thousands of dollars of credit card debt buying baseball…
38. This is very dangerous. As Yonatan Zunger noted ( https://plus.google.com/+YonatanZunger/posts/No4BL4enx86 )regarding the article below:
Unlike normal federal courts, administrative law judges aren’t part of the Judicial Branch; they’re part of the Executive Branch. Many other aspects of these courts differ a great deal — especially in terms of due process, which has a very different (and much weaker) definition in these courts. For example, there’s no right to counsel or to a translator, even in an immigration court.
What holds these courts together is that administrative law judges, by and large, take their jobs incredibly seriously. In many ways, their job is harder than that of traditional Article III judges: absent the normal guarantees of process, it’s their attention, control over process, and care that make their courts function at all.
On Tuesday, Trump issued an executive order changing this. Administrative law judges will no longer be selected by competitive examination, and subject to civil service protections; instead, all new ALJs are now political appointees, who can be replaced or fired at will.
His post is worth a read for the discussion in comments as well.
'This Is All Bogus, And It's To Take Control Over The Judiciary' - A Veteran Administrative Law…
WASHINGTON, July 11, 2018 - A veteran Administrative Law Judge says President Trump's new executive order governing the…
39. /facepalm I mean, what’s the point of all this if Congress abdicates complete responsibility?
Paul Ryan's pathetic excuse for not challenging Trump on trade, explained
Speaking to reporters Thursday morning at the Economic Club of Washington, House Speaker Paul Ryan had three clear…
40. My question is, what is Трамп holding out for? What does he want in order to rescind his tariffs? He seems to want the tariffs for their own sake.
How Trump's Trade War Went From 18 Products to 10,000
The war began when the United States imposed tariffs on solar panels and washing machines. Each circle above represents…
41. The Strzok inquiry has to be seen to be believed.
Let’s just set the stage. Wonkett’s usually good for the snark & they deliver:
Peter Strzok Is A Fucking Badass. Let's Liveblog His All-Day Testimony!
FBI agent Peter Strzok, who most people know as the FBI agent who committed the sin of telling his girlfriend Lisa Page…
Gotta love those pics in the back of the room:
He comes out swinging:
Click this link https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1017430161472610304 to play the (uncaptioned) segment at twitter.
Committee Erupts In Shouting As Jordan Trucks Over FBI Agent's Answer To His Question (VIDEO)
Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) - one of the President Trump's most vocal allies in efforts to bash special counsel Robert…
As for Gohmert, doncha think that’s a bit much given, well, Трамп?
WATCH: Peter Strzok hearing goes off the rails after Gohmert shames him for extramarital affair
During a hearing on Thursday, Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) shamed FBI agent Peter Strzok for having an extramarital…
Of course Gowdy was balls-deep in Benghazi. Why am I not surprised he’s in this shit show too?
Jamie Raskin (D-MD) read off a great list of anti-Трамп quotes from GOP too.
Click thru for (uncaptioned) clip: https://twitter.com/AynRandPaulRyan/status/1017528759933550592
Read: FBI agent Peter Strzok's opening statement before Congress
Peter Strzok, the FBI agent President Donald Trump whom has accused of being at the center of a secret FBI conspiracy…
Click thru to play the clip here: https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1017543043296219136
The lawyer’s reaction, behind Strzok, is priceless.
And as Siskind reminds us…
F.B.I. Agent Defends Actions in Russia Probe in Contentious House Testimony
WASHINGTON - The embattled F.B.I. agent who oversaw the opening of the Russia investigation mounted an aggressive…
42. Wow. Maybe it is something in the water?
Paul Gosar Versus His Siblings: Brother Calls Congressman an 'Embarrassment'
Paul Gosar's brother called him "an embarrassment" to the family on Friday, following up on a published letter by seven…
43. Good read, and good info to have on hand…
Today's US-Mexico 'border crisis' in 6 charts
The news today is full of dire pronouncements about the "crisis" at the Mexico-U.S. border. In reality, there is no…
44. This seems pretty significant.
Jared Kushner lacks security clearance level to review some of the nation's most sensitive…
Jared Kushner, a senior White House adviser and President Trump's son-in-law, lacks the security clearance level…
45. And then there’s NATO. Remember:
Click thru to watch uncaption video clip: https://twitter.com/DeanObeidallah/status/1017379041081520133
Wrapping up talks with fellow leaders of the 29-nation trans-Atlantic alliance, Mr. Trump reaffirmed support for NATO, but only after stirring more discord with a vague threat that the United States could go its own way if the allies resisted his demands for additional military spending, capping a summit meeting punctuated by his escalating complaints.
Hours later, after landing in Britain, the assault on diplomatic norms continued. In an interview with the newspaper The Sun, published late Thursday, he undercut Prime Minister Theresa May on several fronts on her own turf.
In the midst of a week that has seen Mrs. May parrying threats to her hold on power, Mr. Trump criticized her strategy on cutting ties to the European Union, cast doubt on whether he was willing to negotiate a new trade deal between Britain and the United States and praised Mrs. May’s Conservative party rival, Boris Johnson, who resigned this week as foreign secretary, as a potentially great prime minister.
Trump Reaffirms NATO Ties, and Dismisses Concerns About Russia
BRUSSELS - After two days of haphazard deal making with European allies over military spending and throwing some of his…
More on behaving like a complete boor in Britain. Ya notice how he seems to particularly loathe both May and Merkel? I wonder what they have in common…hmm…
Trump criticizes Theresa May over Brexit deal
US President Donald Trump touched down in the United Kingdom Thursday and spoke with a major British tabloid where he…
Then Трамп just turns around and says whatever shit he wants to like we’re just supposed to believe him.
How Trump's Nato summit meltdown unfolded
The first indication that things were not going to plan on the final day of Nato's summit came from a group of Romanian…
Yeah, I think so too.
'Very stable' Trump? European leaders beg to differ
As a NATO summit he threw into chaos wrapped up Thursday, President Donald Trump cheekily declared himself a "very…
46. In a nutshell
Essentially, the Trump administration views Britain as an easy economic mark, not a strategic partner. The State Department has been marginalized to the point of irrelevance while “America First” trade negotiators take charge.
Also this sounds familiar, as we’re doing the same to Mexico for example:
The United States is now playing fast and loose with the special relationship and it is having a real impact. A post-Brexit Britain needs close relations with other major countries, and if the United States is difficult to deal with, it will find itself increasingly tempted into a closer economic partnership with China, one that will surely have political consequences. Trump’s antagonistic approach also plays into the hands the leftist leader of the opposition, Jeremy Corbyn, a persistent critic of a close U.S.-UK alliance who would likely leap at the chance to weaken the special relationship.
Trump Backed Brexit. Then He Used It As Leverage.
When President Trump visits the United Kingdom on Friday, he will find the special relationship in its worst shape…
47. The British anti-Трамп protests are magnificent. My favorites:
A floating baby…
You can check out #TrumpBaby on twitter, too: https://twitter.com/hashtag/TrumpBaby?src=hash
And its handlers :-)
Here are some of the best photos from the anti-Trump protests in London
Tens of thousands of protesters gathered in London Friday to protest U.S. President Donald Trump's first official visit…
48. Rosenstein’s announcement.
You’ll want to click thru to read the whole thread: https://twitter.com/renato_mariotti/status/1017805749878165506
U.S. Charges 12 Russian Intelligence Officers With 2016 Election Hacking
WASHINGTON -- A U.S. grand jury has charged 12 Russian intelligence officers for their roles in hacking into the U.S…
New indictment expected in Mueller probe
A new indictment is expected Friday in the Muller probe
Good run down. Regarding point #6, it’s clear to me that Mueller’s got a expert level of technical forensics going on there.
Six Big Takeaways from Mueller's Indictment of Russian Intel Officers
Special Counsel Robert Mueller released an indictment today of 12 Russian intelligence officers, accusing them of…
49. Because of course Трамп did.
Trump names official who has inaccurately purged voters rolls to oversee election security
President Trump is nominating an elections official to the commission tasked with improving states' voting systems who…
50. And doubling down on completely, utterly, stupid shit like this.
Trump claims he was in Scotland the day before Brexit vote. The evidence says otherwise.
President Donald Trump's latest trip overseas has been rather tumultuous. He made waves earlier in the week by…
51. And look at her credentials. This isn’t some flighty lefty they’ve driven out…
White House official who supported more refugee admissions is out:...
(Reuters) - A White House official who supported higher numbers of refugee admissions to the United States and clashed…
52. The actual fuckety fuck? This is NOT a person we want to defend…
[ U.S. Ambassador for International Religious Freedom] Brownback raised the case of the activist known as Tommy Robinson in a June meeting with Sir Kim Darroch, Britain’s Ambassador to the United States, according to a British official and two sources close to the organizers of a pro-Robinson demonstration planned for London on Saturday.
Robinson, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, though he also uses other aliases, is a founder of the English Defense League, which has organized violent demonstrations against Islamic immigrants in the UK in the past decade. More recently, Robinson has branded himself a journalist and campaigner against Islamic extremism, a move that won him contacts with American anti-Muslim activists.