Crypto’s Crushening Rektpocalypse Floppening
Who will thrive and survive the latest round of chaos?
A tale of two cities:
One: Current Conditions & Massive Market Market drop
- perhaps hundreds of funds closing
- - virtually everyone who entered in the last 2 years is underwater
- - complete eradication of some ICO funded projects who had previously reached market caps of $500mm or more
- - VC and other funds scarce
- - angel / crypto investors reduced
- - few investors are deploying capital
- - good projects shellshocked, burn rates still high, bad projects unsalvageable.
- - some ICOs still in denial, few new investors
Two: A blockchain is real tech that works (but only for apps that really need one)
- Securities Tokens as the New Paradigm
- - Coinbase, Binance, Circle (Goldman) and others continuing to build
- - clear SEC guidance that tokens / ICOs are legal provided securities laws are followed.
- - continued investment from Fidelity, Bakkt and other major firms
- - it’s a superior system to the old DTCC/ Euroclear style ledger, this tech still can solve real world problems in a way that nothing else can — this is completely in addition to Bitcoins usage as money or other major applications of the tech
- - other use cases really separating theory from what actually is profitable / useful for business.
The time for securities tokens is right: internet connectivity, crowdfunding & globalization combined with the ability to move tokens easily provide a huge advantage over old systems.
The last generation of blockchain is dead. I don’t think we will see another 2017. But we could see something even more impactful as real uses of this tech such as digital securities become adopted. think an almost entirely different industry is being built on the foundation. There will be some major winners and losers that emerge from this.
I think an almost entirely different industry is being built on the foundation.
There will be some major winners and losers that emerge from this.
Best bet: follow real use cases that solve real problems and have a plan for real profitability.
Be cautious, diversify, be selective, be patient.