5 Bite-size Truth about LOVE
“Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person’s ultimate good as far as it can be obtained.” C.S. Lewis
If love consumes your every thought and dictates every second of your life, it’s probably not real love but an obsession or an infatuation.
In today’s society, we demand instant gratification, it is counter-intuitive to tell people to be patient and kind. But why would we want to love or be loved if we are unwilling to be patient and kind towards others and ourselves?
Here are 5 bite-size truth about love, they might not be revolutionary ideas, they might not be your ultimate 900-page-long guide to love, it’s a pretty good point to start. Even just to remind ourselves 1 or 2 points on a daily basis could gradually bring real changes to our lives!
- Love is not about the range of emotions but the depth of emotions
- Love brings you peace and joy not desperation, anxiety, anger, jealousy
- Love gives and keeps on giving (not material things…)
- Love wishes the well-being of others even if they don’t love back.
- Love takes you home, cooks you a nice meal, encourages you after a hard-working day-and sometimes the person that takes you come, cooks you a nice mean and encourages you can actually be -the most nurturing YOU!