Complete information about GATE 2017
What is GATE?
The Graduate Aptitude Test in the field of Engineering (GATE) happens to be an All India exam that is conducted in 8 zones across the country by GATE Committee. The GATE rank is required for admissions to Post Graduate Programmes like ME, M.Tech, MS, Direct Ph.D. Now let us have a look at the details of the exam and how one can actually take the preparations and how one can actually crack it. There are a lot of details about it.
In GATE examination candidates can appear for the examination only in one paper out of the 23 papers. Candidates require to appear in a paper appropiate to the discipline of their qualifying degree. Candidates are free to choose any paper in GATE EXAM 2017 according to their plan but you also have to keep in mind the GATE eligibility criteria of the institutions in which they want to get admission.
1. Aerospace Engineering — AE
2. Geology and Geophysics- GG
3. Agricultural Engineering- AG
4. Instrumentation Engineering- IN
5. Architecture and Planning- AR
6. Life Sciences- XL
7. Biotechnology- BT
8. Mathematics- MA
9. Civil Engineering- CE
10. Mechanical Engineering- ME
11. Chemical Engineering- CE
12. Mining Engineering- MN
13. Computer Science & Information Technology- CS
14. Metallurgical Engineering- MT
15. Chemistry- CY
16. Physics- PH
17. Electronics and Communication Engineering- EC
18. Industrial and Production Engineering- PI
19. Engineering in Electrical — EE
20. Fibre Science and Textile Engineering — TF
21. Sciences of Engineering — XE
22. Evolution and Ecology — EY
23. Petrolium Engineering- PE
GATE 2017 happens to be considered as a standered examination not only for the post graduation admissions but also to open the gate for prestigious job in several highly paid MNC and research organisations. Based on the scored secured in the GATE you can get admissions in IITs, IISc and NITs and you can get a plenty of opportunities to get the salary packages ranging from 6 lakh to 30 lakh. Candidates those who qualify GATE, get a financial aid of 8000/- per month in the form of UGC scholarship.
GATE exam happens to be very much important because after M.Tech you can get campus placements in National and International private or public companies and also in several reputed PSUs and research organisations.
Teaching: Professor, Asst. Professor, at IITs and NITs and other reputed educational institutes.
Junior Research Fellow: ISRO, DRDO, BRAC, CSIR, IITs.
Senior Research Fellow: ISRO, DRDO, BRAC, CSIR, IITs.
The eligibility to appear for GATE exam is as follows:
1. Bachelor degree holders in Engineering/ Technology / Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are pursuing the final year of such program
2. Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering / Technology / Architecture (Post-B.Sc./ Post-Diploma) and those who are in the final year of such programs
3. Master’s degree holding persons in any of the branches of Science/ Statistics / Mathematics/ Computer Applications or similar and the persons who are in the last year of these programs
These are the details that you would like to know and there are the details that would come to much work for you.