The following are a few things I believe will happen over the next 18 months in the Bitcoin and cryptocurrency space.
- Bitcoin goes political — Over the next year in the United States we are going to see both Democrats and Republicans debate on National television. We will likely see the topic of Bitcoin and alternative digital assets be discussed. This will cause a massive impact in the market depending on wether the remarks are positive or negative. We can certainly expect Democratic candidate Andrew Yang to comment about a pro-Bitcoin stance, however I am positive Trump will comment as well.
- Coinbase will announce a security compromise — This will cause a longer than normal bearish impact on the market as the company is well know for its tight security measures.
- Small countries will announce a formal plan to begin a national mining operation as an attempt to back its fiat currency.
- ETF will not be approved.
- Satoshi will resurface — At least someone claiming to be Satoshi will provide better evidence and this will impact the market positively.
- 2017 / 2018 era ICOs will not come back. Period.
- BTC dominance will achieve and stay at 70%.
- 2 or 3 ETH competitors will emerge with large scale corporate partners and the technology will begin to be used. Likely Hedera Hashgraph, Algorand, and Perlin.