Band Notes 10–31–2016
Connecticut State Champions & New England States Champions!!!
Best Percussion & Best Overall Effect!!!
And thank you to all the Parents who helped out and who cheered us on at the event.
We will be looking into a line of “Championship” Gear — Shirts, Jackets and yes a ring! Stand by for details…
Wednesday & Thursday, 5:45p — Side Field.
Saturday — report “Waist Down” at 8am
No Chinese Food this week…
The New England Regional Champiosnhips show is a Prelims/Finals event. Here is how this works:
- 20 Bands Compete in Prelims — all in the “Open” Class — http://trigonroad.com/yea/eventDetail.cfm?searchWeek=yes&eventID=1524¤tWeek=10/31/2016
- There is an Awards Ceremony at 4:00pm — just like every other awards ceremony — awards for First Place, Second Place…etc… and Best Perc, Guard & Music etc… in Group 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6.
- They will then take the winner of each Group (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6) PLUS the next highest 8 Scoring Bands, regardless of size.
- Those 14 Bands will compete in an “Open” finals — where the Groups all Compete against each other, regardless of size! There will be only one set of “Caption” Awards, and placing for 1 through 14.
- Just making it into finals will be a massive accomplishment!!!
Schedule for Saturday: (subject to change)
- 8am — Report Side Field
- 10am — Depart for Bridgeport
- 12:15pm — Perform!
- 4:00pm — Prelims Awards Ceremony
- 6:30pm — Finals Begin IF WE MAKE IT (Performance time TBD, if any)
- 10:30pm — Finals Awards
- 11:00pm — Arrive BHS
Band Trip — please make a payment now, if you can. FINAL payment is due on November 10, no exceptions. http://www.bunnellband.org/Site/Hollywood_Trip_2016.html
Want to have a relative DONATE to the Band towards your trip? Send out this link — it’s tax deductible!!! — http://www.bunnellband.org/Site/Donate%21.html Be sure to have the student who receives credit typed into the order.
Band Season — Final Payment on your Band Season is TOMORROW! Please — we need to pay our bills & invoices — vendors & instructors. PLEASE make your final payment for Band now!!! — http://www.bunnellband.org/Site/Make_a_Payment.html
Band Tours are November 9 & 16. You will receive specific details in the next Newsletter.
We will continue rehearsals after this weekend for the trip. All rehearsals are MANDATORY for everyone going on the trip, and will be held in the Band Room from 5:45–8p.
- Nov 9
- Nov 10
- Nov 15
- Nov 16 including a meeting for ALL travelers at 8p
- Nov 19–10am — Load all LUGGAGE & Instruments/Uniforms on the Truck. More info TBA…
Indoor Guard & Indoor Drumline
Registration is NOW OPEN!!! Click here if you are participating in the Indoor Guard or drumline 2017!