Band Notes & Weekend Wrap Up
Greetings Parents, Students & Staff…
Wow — what a TERRIFIC DAY on Saturday!
- Thank you to Carl Larsen & the entire Band Parents Team! Smooth Operation & Great food!
- The Color Guard!!!! WOW!!! We beat Brien McMahon for the first time all year, and it wasn’t even close! A nice way to head into Nationals!
- The Drum Line — Holy Smokes!!! 2 Spectacular performances, and a Clinic! I just loved watching the Dartmouth students filming YOU!
Videos from Saturday
- Guard GoPro — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGbgXV2wemU&t=3s
- Drum Line Clinic Performance — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueiglV06NqU
- Drum Line Contest — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ykdfp9C7HbQ
- Drum Line Contest GoPro — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wkXTcQEjr4
- FULL Percussion Clinic — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAWTSSoO0dQ&t=862s
Several photos are now on the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.1308030845946566&type=1
MORE videos coming soon!!!
Schedule This Week
- Guard — Tuesday, Thursday — regular times & locations
- Drum Line — Wednesday 6p-9p
Tickets for USBands Indoor Nationals
We are required to sell 20 tickets for each of the Guard & Drum Line shows for this Saturday. The cost is $20 per ticket. Sadly, parents that are helping and chaperoning will need a ticket. Tickets will be available for purchase just prior to the Bus Departure (see times below) please write a check for the full amount of tickets to Bunnell HS Band, or bring $20 cash per ticket.
- Tickets are first come first served
- If we sell all of the tickets, there will be no charge to individual accounts. Otherwise, anyone who doesn’t purchase a ticket will share in the cost of the difference. Example: ten people do not purchase a ticket, but we sell 15 of out of the 20 required. The 10 people who didn’t purchase a ticket will have a charge on their account for $10. I hope that makes sense!
Color Guard Saturday
- 9:00a — “Breakfast of Champions” BHS Cafe
- 10:00a — Aux Gym
- 3:30p — Depart for Trumbull HS (tickets available at the door in Trumbull)
- 5:40p — Perform
- 9:20p — Awards
- 10:00p — Arrive Stratford, go straight home to bed!
Color Guard Sunday
- 9:00a — Report BHS (tickets available at this time)
- 9:45p — Depart for South Brunswick HS, NJ
- 1:50p — Perform
- 2:45p — Awards
- 5:30p — Arrive Stratford
Drum Line Sunday
- 11:30a — Report BHS Warm Up — Run Thru (tickets available at this time)
- 1:00p — Depart for South Brunswick HS, NJ
- 5:15p — Perform
- 8:45p — Awards
- 11:00p — Arrive Stratford
Folks — if you think about it — this activity only costs about $40 per week. Where else in Stratford can you get this type of experience, with terrific instructors, including travel — for that price? Gymnastics, Dance, Swimming are all more expensive.
We need to pay our staff & vendors — they are waiting!!!
PLEASE stay on top of your payments/fund raising!!! Make a Payment now — http://www.bunnellband.org/Site/Make_a_Payment.html
We expect delivery this week, or next week!!!
- April 18 — Indoor Drum Line & Guard Tour — Flood & Wooster
Looking WAY ahead!
- May 17 — Spring Concert
- May 29 — Memorial Day Parade
- June 8 — Band Awards — BHS Cafe
- TBA — Graduation (all Concert Band & Wind Ensemble Students Perform)
Reminder — do these today as well!
Facebook Page for all PARENTS & STUDENTS & ALUMNI
https://www.facebook.com/groups/889464014469920/ — please join (send request to join) and subscribe
Twitter — (follow)
Remind — (Text messages to your device)
•To receive messages via text, text @bunnellb to 81010
•Trouble using 81010? Try texting @bunnellb to (203) 909–6032 instead.
https://medium.com/@bunnellband — then click follow.
Register for Band Fall 2017
Please register now for the Fall 2017 Band. This way, we can determine if we need to obtain more uniforms etc… there is already a very large response. Here’s the link — https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe2GajUtjoYHjjfMbqwTTTnMaxW0DZ_RUGi3q73FiB0YKHJJQ/viewform