Greetings — a few updates
If it rains — we will cancel the Parent Preview. Waytch your emails/remind/facebook page for updates.
Band Members — arrive 5:45p
- Regular band should wear shorts or pants that fit under the uniform pants (NO cargo style shorts/pants), wear long black socks and wear/bring band shoes
- Pit girls should wear black body suit, skin-tone tights, black shoes. Skirts, etc. will be in their bags
- Pit Boys should wear black pants, black shoes and a white button down dress shirt. Their bow ties and cummerbunds will be in their bags.
- Drum Major girls will wear their “football game dresses” so that their brand new white dresses stay clean
- Drum Major boys will wear white tux pants, regular white dress shirt (save the tux shirt for the show on Saturday) and we will try out the vests, tails and bow ties.
Chinese Food for Contest Day
Brenden Castro has created an online order form for the Chinese Food that we have been traditionally ordering on “Show Day”. The meals are delicious and only $5 each. The restaurant is owned and operated by Bunnell Band Family Alumni.
- Please order NO LATER than 5p on Friday, the day BEFORE the contest.
- Please bring cash, and try to bring exact change
- You will be checked in when you pick up your food. No exchanges/changes can be made at delivery.
- Beverage of choice (you choose when they deliver) is included!
- If you want to meals — then you must submit two orders!
Here’s the link to place your order:
YOU WILL ALSO NEED TO BRING A LUNCH as well on Saturday!
Football Game Etiquette
- Report 6p, dressed “waist down”.
- We March into the stadium with the team.
- We play the fight song pre-game w/the team.
- We move to the stands together & sit together. Dum Majors will give commands for sitting and removing hats
- Warm up during 2'nd Quarter
- Perform at 1/2 time
- 3rd Quarter free to purchase concessions
- 4th Quarter back in the stands
- March up the hill, equipment to the dungeon, dismissed approx 9p from the Band Room
STUDENTS MUST remain in FULL UNIFORM (hats are slung) the ENTIRE GAME!
- 10a — report BHS Side Field
- 12p — lunch — BRING A LUNCH
- 12:30p — Side Field
- 3p — Load Truck, Chinese food delivery
- 3:30p — Depart BHS for Norwalk (Brien McMahon HS)
- 4:30p — Arrive, unload, warm up, walk to HS from Middle School
- 6:30p — Perform
- 8:45p — Awards
- 10p — Arrive BHS, dismissal
please click here for FULL show schedule and Directions: https://trigonroad.com/yea/eventDetail.cfm?searchState=&eventID=1662
If it Rains — the show will move indoors!
The MetLife stadium show is between 8a and 11p. our “Block”, group 4A, performs between 1p-4p, with awards following. This will give us ample time to get to Norwalk after the show.
Yes, the Homecoming Dance is the same date as New England States. This shouldn’t be an issue as the show is usually concluded by 4p/5p and the dance is at night… more details as I get them…