Here are a few updates:
Congrats to the New Color Guard Captains!
Brianna Bahr, Gwen Dascenzo, Samantha Kushel & Kaleigh Mirowski, with Kristen Hubbell as our assistant captain!
The guard is off to a GREAT start (see photo above!) BUT — we need more members to make this work!
Schedule for Next Week’s Concert Rehearsals
Tuesday May 16, Period 1 — Wind Ensemble Music
Wedesday May 17, Period 1 — Concert Band Music
Wednesday May 17, Period 3
All Band Members report for “Step Up Day” Meet & Greet.
Wednesday May 17, Period 5 — Combined MS & HS Music (Liberty Bell)
Alindato, Kchrea Doyl
The Spring Concert is May 17 at 7p in the Auditorium
- Admission — $3 Donation
- Students report for 6p Warm Up in the Band Room (percussion on the stage at 6:00p to set up)
- All students must wear “Concert Dress”. Men: Black Pants, White Dress shirt & colorful tie w/dress shoes & socks. Ladies: Black pants or skirt (that falls below the knee) White top w/dress shoes.
- The concert runs about an hour to an hour and 1/2. Please arrive early and plan to stay for the entire event.
- Wind Ensemble, Concert Band & Indoor Drum Line will all perform.
Memorial Day Parade — May 29, 2017
The Memorial Day Parade is a MANDATORY performance for ALL FALL Marching Band, Drum Line & Guard members. All members are expected to attend. Students who do not attend will risk loosing their 2015/2016 Band Award, Senior Plaques, or Senior Scholarships.
- You will wear “Khacki Shorts” & your Band Polo Shirts w/white sneakers & white socks. Sunglasses are permitted.
- There will be an order form early next week for your Polo Shirts, if you need one.
- We will use the “California Drum Line” for this parade.
- Students with large equipment (pit/drummers/tubas etc…) will need to place their equipment in the dungeon no later than Thursday after school. Drummers will do this during period 2 & 4 on Friday.
- Any student who puts equipment in the dungeon MUST report to the dungeon at 9:45am on MONDAY to help the dads load the truck(s).
- All Band & Guard members will need to meet at the St. James Church parking lot NO LATER than 10:30am.
- ALL COLOR GUARD members are expected to perform!!!
The Parade begins at 12:15p and ends at the Green around 1:15p.
Students will be dismissed from the Green, but students with large equipment MUST report back to the dungeon to help load back in.
Please download and print your music here — https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B093prcObtSVNkJvcFBkMzZqU1E&authuser=0
We will play letter “D” to the end only!!!
- Flutes play the “C Part”
- Middle School students should choose the 3rd or 2nd part for your instrument.
Folks — we need to finish paying the Staff & we have SCHOLARSHIPS and AWARDS coming in one month! You MUST get your accounts current — NOW please!
Make a payment here — http://www.bunnellband.org/Site/Make_a_Payment.html
Register NOW for Fall 2017!
We currently have 97 students registered for Band & Guard for the Fall 2017 Season! (we currently only have 95 spots).
there are still a few folks from last year who haven’t registered yet (see below). If they all register, we will be at the TOP of Group 4 and Completely Full! (We will then move to using alternates, as we did last year) unless we get another HUGE influx of students from the Middle School. We would then consider moving to Group 5.
Here’s the link to register NOW!
The following students HAVE NOT registered as of today, but were a member of the 2016 Fall Band:
Martinez Carolina 2021
Volcy Savoy 2021
Acabeo Luis 2018
Falotico CJ 2019
- May 17 — Spring Concert & Step Up day
- May 29 — Memorial Day Parade
- June 8 — Band Awards — BHS Cafe
- TBA — Graduation (all Concert Band & Wind Ensemble Students Perform)
- Tentative Band Camp — Aug 21–25
Tentative Fall Schedule:
9/16 — Brien McMahon — Norwalk
9/23 — New Milford & Naugatuck (double)
9/30 — OFF (Jewish Holiday)
10/7 — Cavalcade @ Bunnell
10/14 — Norwalk HS & Yamaha Cup @ MetLife (double)
10/21 — OFF
10/28 — State Championships — New Britain CT
11/5 — Nationals — Allentown
We remain in A Class.
Reminder — do these today as well!
Facebook Page for all PARENTS & STUDENTS & ALUMNI1
https://www.facebook.com/groups/889464014469920/ — please join (send request to join) and subscribe
Twitter — (follow)
Remind — (Text messages to your device)
•To receive messages via text, text @bunnellb to 81010
•Trouble using 81010? Try texting @bunnellb to (203) 909–6032 instead.
https://medium.com/@bunnellband — then click follow.