Data-driven Strategy Development Framework
A simplistic look into it…
3 main questions to ask your team every month:
- What is the most important problem to your group? then, to your local business (AOC, if airline)?
- What data assets do you have that can help with this?
- Which data solutions are actually possible to create?
Now you are done with internal assessment. Do your external assessment with method below:
- First figure out what is group-level strategy that is possibly under our purview.
- Second figure out what is country/aoc-level strategy.
- Third figure out that middle ground if possible, if not, lean toward group-level strategy.
For country/aoc-level strategy, asses the motivation. Is credit is sought-after? Is it manpower workload-bandwidth issue? Is there hidden insecurity?
Once assessed and initial hypothesis formed, figure out how much diplomacy method you wanna use or is it hardball/top-down method required?
Careful with hardball/top-down method. It is the last resort. You have to at least, give it 3 tries before your change your method from diplomacy to hardball. Surprisingly, this can get things done. But use it sparingly.
All done? Execute.