#MaddyMoney : French startups raised €14 million from 9th to 13th October
Every week Maddyness reviews fundraisings of the past week. This week 14 deals enabled French startups to raise more than €48 million.
What happened to French startups? After a record in September October’s apathy is being confirmed by this second week, particularly calm amongst fundraisings. With 14 deals and only 14,52 million euros raised it’s never been this calm since since summer: no startup announced this week a fundraising that reached the €10 million, that’s been unheard since late July!
With €2 million raised Prose and Mananger.one share the first place on the week’s most important fundraising podium. The first convinced ISAI and several American VCs (Lerer Hippeau Ventures, Red Sea Ventures and Maveron) to finance its development in America. The second raises its hopes to win the very disputed race in which online banks for entrepreneurs are engaged.
Third place is occupied by a much older startup: curation service Pearltrees, launched in 2008 and which bets on EdTech, rose €1,5 million.
Nevertheless startups in very early stage stood out this week. Three out of the fourteen fundraisings were closed by companies that haven’t reached their first year of existence! Smarthab, HyVibe and mars:hello! were all created in 2017 but already succeeded in charming investors. Well done!
Who raised this week?
- Prose (Beauty) : €2 million
- Manager.one (FinTech) : €2 million
- Pearltrees (Data): €1.5 million
- SmartHab (Real estate) : €1.3 million
- SmartViser (Telecom) : €1.2 million
- Libhéros (MedTech) : €1.1 million
- ImCheck Therapeutics (BioTech) : €1 million
- Prochaine Escale (Tourism) : €1 million
- Rencontre Un Archi (Real Estate) : €1 million
- WeHobby (HR) : €1 million
- BF Systèmes (Cybersecurity) : €0.52 million
- HyVibe (Music) : €0.3 million
- Syos (Music) : €0.3 million
- mars:hello! (Software) : €0.3 million
- Total : €14.52 million
Other financial news
- Innovacom fund merges with Turenne Capital to reach €1 billion under management.
- BNP Paribas renews its sponsorship with Initiative France, associative network that finances and helps companies to launch.
- Iris Capital participated to German company Open-Xchange €21 million fundraising.
- Platform Incit’Financement is officially launched. Backed by Rhône-Alpes region it enabled crowdfunding for local companies.
- BVA launches Venture by BVA, an open innovation program dedicated to startups.
- In Extenso Group and Legalstart.fr partner to help entrepreneurs.