Daily Haiku / Senryu : Surreal
pieced together, cogs fitting
an exquisite corpse
senryu by M. Nakazato LaFreniere
Exquisite corpse, a surrealist game, is played by several people.
- On the top third of the page first person draws the head
- When done, the first person folds the paper in one third, hiding their drawing and passes it to the next person.
- Without looking, the second person draws the torso in the middle third
- When done, the person folds the paper, now hiding the middle and top thirds, and passes it to the third person
- Without looking, the third person draws the legs and feet
- When done, the paper is unfolded, revealing the exquisite corpse
Life is a lot like that, I think. One often builds on something without knowing what has gone before. Then it unfolds revealing how our piece fits in but also how what other people have done also fits together in surprising ways.
The Daily Post
Originally published at Cactus Haiku.