Want To Learn Civil 3D? Introducing The C3D Crash Course!
Brandon here, back with a big new update and exciting news on the Blog!
I’m excited to share this with all of you now, if you follow me on the email newsletter (it’s definitely worth it! You can sign up on the right sidebar if you’re not already) you’ve likely already heard the good news and possibly already taken advantage of it by being one of the first to pre-order at the lowest price.
So the big news and update: I’m making a Civil 3D Crash course and guess what, it’s almost here!
I’m so excited to share it with you all and because of that, I wanted to extend my pre-order (early bird pricing) to all of the CAD Intentions readers, subscribers and viewers first before making the course widely available to everyone when it launches/is available in September (the 10th to be exact) and give you all a chance to pre-order it at the lowest price before it goes public on the Site and in the Gumroad marketplace at the regular price ($150+).
A Little Background info:
I’ve been asked a lot in the past about making more Civil 3D tutorials and training, in particular helping people get started with C3D in a quick and easy way without getting too advanced or confusing for new users and those looking for a quick refresh. That’s why, in the Civil 3D Crash Course, I wanted to make a point of taking out all the extra and initially unneeded information and filler that you get in regular civil 3d courses and focus on getting you started and using C3D as quickly as possible.
The Civil 3D Crash Course is a perfect way to learn the basics of Civil 3D quickly by going through real-world and usable examples in a step by step process that you can then use for your own projects almost immediately.
This makes it perfect for those of you who have no C3D experience as well as those with basic knowledge looking to improve their skills in a short time for a low cost (most C3D courses are in the thousands of dollars and can take days to get to the actual information you need)
Whether you are a designer, a drafter or an engineer looking to learn some of the extremely useful tools and abilities of Civil 3d this course will help you get started.
Pre-Order the Civil 3D Crash Course Now (You won’t be charged until the course launches and the files are made available for instant download, but this will be the lowest price the course is offered at) Tentative release for Sept. 10th :)
What’s going to be covered and which Real-world tasks will we learn to complete in the course:
1. Surface Creation (The foundation of most C3D tools/commands)
— Covers Surface creation using common source data, including; contours, points and importing from .xml
2. Grading (One of the most useful and used features of C3D)
- We will go through 2 examples of grading projects from start to finish. A pond/berm grading including a Finished Surface and how to export it, as well as creating a section to show the pond design and compare to the original ground. The other example we will go through is a Site grading where we will grade an untouched lot to a specific grade as well and tie it into the existing ground, this would be like grading a new building lot.
3. Road Design (A detailed walkthrough and step by step process to design and model a basic road in C3D)
- A more in-depth task that will showcase and explain a variety of C3Ds features, including; Alignments, profiles, assemblies, corridors and more.
4. Analysis (We will go through how to use Volume Comparisons to get cut/fill quantities based on your designed and existing surfaces)
- We will go through basic calculations using our real examples so you can do them yourself right away.
5. Misc (along the way we will also cover a variety of useful tools and features)
— Including, editing and creating styles for surfaces, profiles, labels etc..
— Creating and labelling Contours
— Making Sections
— Feature lines and editing them
Once again, I think this compact and to the point course will be a huge benefit and valuable resource for anyone that would like to learn some Civil 3D without investing a lot of time or money and will be able to come out of the training feeling comfortable with the basics of C3D!
Pre-Order the Civil 3D Crash Course Now (You won’t be charged until the course launches and the files are made available for instant download, but this will be the lowest price the course is offered at) Tentate release for Sept. 10th :)
As always, thank you so much for reading, subscribing and being a part of the CAD Intentions community, if you have any questions at all don’t forget to leave a comment below.
Cheers and happy drafting,
Originally published at CAD Intentions.