What We Know About Nikon’s Full-Frame Mirrorless Cameras Z 6 and Z 7
Today’s the day! Today, August 23, 2018, is an eventful day for Nikon as they formally announce the launch of the new Z-Moint System with the Z 6 and Z 7, the S-Line Nikkor lenses, and FTZ Mount Adapter. No longer a rumour and no more speculations. The day has finally arrived with an announcement straight from Tokyo, Japan no less!
We’re still awaiting word about the Australian price and release date but here’s what we know so far based from the launch:
1. There are two models named Z 6 and Z 7. The Z 6 is the 24.5-megapixel FX-Format Sensor with ISO range of 100–51200, 273-point Af and shooting at 12 FPS capable of high-speed, low-light shooting modes; the Z 7 is the 45.7-megapixel FX-Format Sensor with ISO 64–25600.
2. There are three lenses for the Z-Mount System and they are called S-Line with Nano Crystal Coat. The mirrorless cameras come together with the 24–70mm f/4 S, 50mm f/1.8 S and one more wide angle lens 35mm f/1.8 S. The lenses also benefit movie recording as it also aims to redefine what we expect of F/4.0 and F/1.8.
3. No reason to fret about possibly buying F-mount Nikon lenses or selling them. Nikon will also come out with an FTZ mount adapter that is compatible with at least 300 lenses.
4. Features-wise it has a large vari-angle touchscreen, 5-axis in-body stabilization system, XQD cards for storage and 493 AF points, 12fps burst shooting, 4K UHD 30p and Full HD at 120p, 8K timelapse videos, and an electronic viewfinder with a high-res 3.6-million-dot display.
5. In 2019, according to Nikon’s lens road map, they will be releasing the Nikkor 55mm F/0.95 S NOCT which is the pinnacle of the S-Line.
6. For Japan, Nikon has already announced that they will be releasing the Z 7 at the end of September and Z 6 at the end of November. The 24–70mm f/4 S, 35mm 1.8 S and FTZ will be released at the end of September and 50mm f/1.8 S in October.
We’re really excited about this Nikon venture and we sure you are, too! Nikon may have been late to the party but it sure knows how to make an entrance. As with this innovation, Nikon aims to be the number one in the full-frame market. Check back with us in the coming days or weeks as we give you more details about its price, release dates and in-depth review on its features.
The post What We Know About Nikon’s Full-Frame Mirrorless Cameras Z 6 and Z 7 appeared first on Camera Warehouse.