songs that won’t get out of my head (2/22/16)
- Seventy times 7 by Brand New: I listen to this when I’m angry. every. single. time. the lyrics are so mean but so raw and real and perfect??
- Blood Bank by Bon Iver: I love listening to this on rainy days, especially when I’m driving. The lyrics can be confusing, but there’s this part about snow falling and being stuck in a car with someone you’re in love with and making out.
- The Boy Who Blocked his own shot by brand new: the lyrics are just so fucking beautiful!!! Example: You are calm and reposed
Let your beauty unfold
Pale white, like the skin stretched over your bones
Spring keeps you ever close
You are second-hand smoke
You are so fragile and thin, standing trial for your sins
Holding on to yourself the best you can
You are the smell before rain
You are the blood in my veins
- sex by 1975: every fucking thing about this song. the lyrics, the guitar, the echoing. basically about having sex in a car with someone who is not your boyfriend but you don’t care. must listen at high volume while driving with the windows down preferably on freeway.
- 18 by 1D: it’s so cute and sweet and just wow never gets old. bri and syd and i listen to this when we drive and it is loud. favorite one direction song of all time. all the feels