Back in my day, I’ve been used IDE for a long time. I found that it (IDE) is so convenient, it offers many features such as syntax highlighting, customisable interface and extensive navigation tools.
Then the time has come, I was inspired by Wesley Goi when I see him writing his code in VIM. It’s fast, powerful, incredibly extensible and allows you to customise it in the way you most productive, especially when I use the combo VIM + tmux
I’m starting with the first installation of NeoVIM and other basic plugins.
- scrooloose/nerdtree : display the directory tree
- Shougo/deoplete.nvim : autocompletion for NeoVIM
- vim-airline/vim-airline : VIM status bar
- vim-airline/vim-airline-themes : themes for vim-airline
- tpope/vim-fugitive : Git wrapper
Together with tmux, I’m happy with coding in VIM right now. I’ll keep this post updated whenever I find something interesting that boost up my productivity.