Advantages and Disadvantages of Laser Cutting
Laser Cutting Services are always in demand. Laser beam technology is broadly used to cut various types of materials such as paper, metal, plastic, wood, leather, chiffon etc. Laser cutters make it effortless to cut and engrave sheets of various sizes. Lasers cutters are required from the production of delicate architectural pieces to creation of bespoke pieces for exhibitions, events or photographic sessions.
Cutting of metals is one of the difficult steps in the procedure of metal fabrication. It’s only after the cutting of the metals that they can be shaped into required forms and sizes. One of the very famous techniques of getting it done is the laser cutting process. With appropriate use of good quality laser parts (for example LVD Strippit laser parts, or Trumpf laser parts) laser cutting process can be very efficient. But like the two sides of every coin, it has some advantages and disadvantages that come along with it.
And also in creating customized articles such as badges or invitation cards or patterns for jewellery or fashion industry in small as well as large quantity. Like every other technical service, laser cutting services has some benefits and drawbacks.
Advantages of laser cutting services:
- Laser cutting machines are very efficient and the produced replicas that are the exact copies of each other.
- It needs and consumes comparatively less amount of energy to cut sheets of all types of materials.
- If compared with the traditional scissors, laser cutting machines require less time to cut large sheets and the results are exceptionally accurate.
- The whole process of cutting materials is monitored by the computer programs which decrease the amount of work and excessive workload.
- Much human intervention is not needed except for maintenance and observation. No danger of accidents or injuries
- Very flexible, can be used to cut almost all kinds of materials.
- Detailed cuts can be gained within lesser time.
Disadvantages of laser cutting services:
- The consumption of energy differs for every material. It is also concern with the piece or amount that you want to cut.Sometimes it might consume a lot of energy.
- Human involvement is mostly not needed but humans require to come in the contact with laser beams sometimes for repairs or inspection.
- Production rate may differ depending on the type of the material and the thickness of the sheet.
- Every metal cannot be cut in the laser machine, for example, copper and aluminum.
- Inappropriate settings of laser machine can result in burns.
- It can be costly when compared with other techniques of cutting sheets.
Laser cutting services are preferably suitable for mass production and can give the best and very precise outcome.Although you can find other cutting techniques which are cheap and being preferred since a long time, you cannot neglect the plus points that laser cutting has to offer. The quality of cut that laser cutting offers can barely be attained by other techniques available to carry out the process.