Appetizing your favourite food — Buffalo Wing Sauce
Buffalo wing sauce is one of the most popular appetizers in the restaurant menus across United States. It is generally served hot with celery or carrot sticks. Blue cheese is also used for dipping. This sauce has gained immense popularity ever since its launch in 1960’s. With growing popularity restaurants have started adding their own flavour to the traditional buffalo sauce. They take influences from Indian, Caribbean, Chinese and Japanese cuisines as well. It is also used by restaurants in contests for eating hottest buffalo sauce.
Many of the food items taste really great with buffalo sauce viz: chicken — wings, nuggets, fries, popcorn. Even shrimp and pizza have buffalo sauce variant these days. There are also buffalo sauce flavoured potato chips which are also known as Buffalo chips and are widely manufactured by large numbers of companies.
The sauce contains:
• Rice Vinegar
• Celery Salt
• Corn starch
• Smoked Paprika
• Sweet Paprika
• Worcestershire Sauce
• Unsalted Butter
• Chilli Powder
• Onion Powder
• Cayenne Powder
• Garlic Powder
• Other food for serving
• Optional Addons
o White pepper
o Brown sugar
Preparing the Ingredients
• Identify the purpose of using this sauce. Are you going to spread it on chicken wings, or use for dressing the salad or use it as a dip sauce with a sandwich or burger? ½ cup of Buffalo wings sauce which is approximately 118ml should be sufficient in most cases.
• Put the ½ cup sauce in a bowl. Ensure that bowl capacity is large enough to accommodate the servings with which you will accompanying the Buffalo wings sauce.
• Mix the sauce with rice vinegar. Continue to whisk it until both the ingredients mix totally.
• Add both the paprika’s, chilli powder, Onion powder and Cayenne powder. Salt can be added based on your taste. Mix all these items with Cornstarch and Honey. Put this mix together with Worcestershire sauce.
• Now spray the garlic powder and celery salt as per need. There are some optional addons which you can try as well. Oregano or white pepper can bring in a different taste altogether. A little bit of beer can add more taste to it. If you want to make a bit sweeter then try adding brown sugar.
Preparing the Sauce
Heat an empty saucepan on medium high temperature. Make sure your pan has enough capacity to hold the sauce along with its other ingredients.
Add the unsalted butter in the hot sauce pan. Wait until its melts completely.
Now pour the entire bowl of sauce and its spices into the pan. Mix it with butter properly through a whisker or a wooden spoon. Turn the heatpan to low temperature and bring the contents to low boil. Allow this to simmer at low temperatures for around 10 minutes.
Pour this hot and simmering sauce on your chicken wings or dress up your salad or may be just keep in a small bowl and use it as dipping sauce with your sandwich.
About the Author
Our buffalo wing sauce is a staple in many BBQ Restaurants, not because of the name, but the taste and flavor! Buy now at Captainfoods.com. We are a private label supplier to many retailers, chain restaurants and food service companies.